Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gt St202 Or Gt-4 St205?

jgraham95

howdy every1. was looking on the net for some info on these 2 models. Was looking for opinions on how they run but couldnt really find any decent sites for comparisons. I can across this forum and figured this would prob be the best place 2 ask.

Im looking to get either the GT ST202 or GT-4 ST205 but I cant decide on which would be better suited to me.

I know all round the GT-4 is the better car with the extra bhp, acceleration, top speed and the 4WD, though i think the deciding factor for me would have to be Fuel consumption.

Ive seen a huge variation on different sites telling me that the GT does from 7-30mpg and same with the GT4.

What i was wondering is you (the owners of these models) could clarify what millage they you get out of your car and also if you (GT-4 owners) believe the extra power and the 4WD are worth it on the GT4 or if u belive the GT would suffice.

So really what im looking for is your opinions on your mpg, your opinion on ur car and whether you feel that the GT4 is worth spending that extra bit as well as the extra fuel cost?

Thanks in advance for any info / insight you can provide

:)

You can get something like 34mpg max out of the gt4 i usually do about 28, but if your main concern is mpg i would go for the 202. However the gt4 is a much better car, much more fun and great for modifying. It depends what you are looking to do with the car, like i said if it is for better fuel economy go for the 202.

well sertainly fuel econemy is something im looking for. tho its really only a issue id say if it were 20 mpg or bellow.

if your saying your can get 28mpg then id be more than happy tbh. I am planning on modifying the car but prob not engine work till fuel prices go down hehe (im a cheap skate lol)

if u dont mind me asking, in what way is the gt4 better? all i can find on the net is that on paper its faster at acceleration and has a higher top speed. no1 seems to want to give a review on what they find good about hte car and what its strong / weak points are

Interior isn't the best but thats not what you look for in a jap car but its not the worst esp if you find one with the leather seats. Standard suspension i found very good indeed, was very forgiving over bumps and rises and feels like a rally car should. Cornering is immense you can eat up roundabouts, great feeling when you accelerate. The looks are something different personally i think it looks like a sports car with a hint of the old fashioned having the round lights at the front. Half the thrill is working on and modding the car for me as i am an aircraft engineer by trade so i like all that stuff, be aware no job seems to go to plan on the gt4 there is always some hitch somewhere along the line but that is sports cars for you. Drove my mates rx8 before i got my gt4 and i can tell you its by far better even he said my car was way more fun and he is the most stubborn git ever. Also the fuel economy isnt bad for what this car can do, practical as it has decent boot space and technically 5 seats although id get a midget to sit in the middle.

haha well id say the fuel consumption is pretty good yeah. espec since atm my golf gti is half the bhp nearly of the gt4 and it only gives me 32mpg lol.

interior for me is all about being comfy. looks inside mean nothing to me hehe as long as i have a head unit and a decent pair of Speakers (all of which are easy to install if not already there).

when u sday forgiving on the bumps with the suspension do u mean u barely feel it? cause i was under hte impression with a rally car half the fun was feeling every bump as if u were actaully part of the road (sorry finding it hard2 explain but i hope u understand hehe).

grip i think will b a big thing for me 2, im not a fan on slowing down then having to accelerate. prob cause my prevision cars just had poor handling. i like something i know i can push without feeling as if im not in total control so by the sound of what u are saying the GT4 may b a good choice in that aspect.

im really suprised u saying that the gt4 feels a btter drive there. never would of expected that but its def drawing me more in2 getting the GT4.

def from what uve told me from your GT4 it seems that it would b roughly what im looking for.

While in between the posts i been looking online for posible places to enquire on test driving / buying 1. is there any place u would reccommend for me 2 look? so far ive been to pistonheads, autotrader and eBay but i only seem to find the ocasional 1.

Well i have racing suspension on mine now and its hard as hell, i wouldnt recommend it haha however body roll is very minimal and can take corners even better, when i had the standard suspension on i found it quite soft but it might be because its so hard now. Usually pistonheads is pretty good and i am not in scotland, wait until tomorrow cause i think gt_forbes is in scotland im sure he could recommend somewhere he also had a gt4 the st185 so he may be able to give you some advice aswell. Just so you know what you are getting into if you get one here are some sites and forums which will explain common faults to look out for, money you have to spend always good to gen yourself up.

http://www.gt4dc.co.uk/

http://www.celica-club.co.uk/

http://www.gt4oc.net

http://www.k1ano.co.uk/

http://www.gtfours.co.uk/ great site

http://www.celicatech.com/

http://www.6gc.net/

http://www.toyotarepairs.net/index.html

www.fensport.co.uk

cool ill keep an eye out and hopefully gt_forbes will make a post. if not i can ask him some questions in a msg. really appreciate all the help clogwise. ur info has def got me looking to get the GT4 (think the handling is doing it for me). also thanks for these links. having a glance through them atm and the amount of info on them so far is overwhelming. this these sites will answer just about anything ill need2 know :)

will keep u posted :)

No worries mate keep everyone posted, i think i have a buyers guide for you off gt4oc.net think u have to be a member to view it one sec.

ah thanks man. ill DL that and print it off right away and take a gander when im skiving at college 2moro morning hehe.

oh i did find a GT4 close 2 where i am within my price range. tho i noticed that it didnt have the big GT4 spoiler that i see on most of hte others. isnt the oversized spoiler standard? it seems to have the bonnet vents that other gt4s have though.

No its not standard everyone just puts riser blocks in but these are quite expensive. The larger spoiler is only on the WRC version of the gt4 which is exactly the same power and output as the gt4 apart from some small differences. Most noticeable it has anti lag and water injection but both are not wired up, small bonnet spoiler... cant think of what else but its nothing too noticeable. College, how old are you?

Mine has the lower spoiler not too bothered about riser blocks.

f_3m_7feb861.jpg

f_2m_0d37aac.jpg

ah. why is all that not connected as standard on the WRC? ur car looks awesome.. nice set of alloys 2.

Im a nice young 25 year old hehe. made the mistake as a kid and bummed around for several years hehe then went travelling. so only decided to go back get a education the other year. studying networking so buy sept im hoping to of started second year doing a honors in Secuity Forensics. So part time work should bring in a nice wage 2 supplement the car hehe.

ah right was just thinking about insurance, ok if i remember correctly when you entered a car into the world rally championship you had to make or sell 2500 road going versions of it thats what the wrc is, you really dont want anti lag connected as it would destroy ur turbo very quickly. Just the way it is i dont know why they didnt wire them up just that they arent.

ah now i gotcha hehe. makes sense hehe.

im hoping to sell my car 2moro afternoon so i cna se ebout putting an offer in on this nice wee number

post-76985-1240837315_thumb.jpg

Looks good, black always works just remember when u test drive it give it a thorough going over listen for knocking, check for over heating (shouldn't go past half way), check the flexi pipe on the exhaust isn't blowing etc. Should say most of it in buyers guide

Just back onto the consumption topic.

I have an st202:

Out of a full tank and combined driving i never average less than 29mpg when driving like a freaking loon. Average around 30-32 most of the time (must admit that i am heavy footed lol)! My dad has got 40mpg out of it on a run :o. Please dont ask me how. I think he just drove everywhere on tick over lol!

Dont buy a gt4 if your fuel conscious . you will enjoy the thrill of the power and it will guzzle fuel like a hill billy guzzles ale.

that said however drive the gt4 off -boost at a steady 56mph and it will return about the same as the st202 BUT YOU WONT BE ABLE TO DO IT. :lol:

Dont buy a gt4 if your fuel conscious . you will enjoy the thrill of the power and it will guzzle fuel like a hill billy guzzles ale.

that said however drive the gt4 off -boost at a steady 56mph and it will return about the same as the st202 BUT YOU WONT BE ABLE TO DO IT. :lol:

Hmmm, i'm curious now. Ok, so a GT4 tank is 68 litres right?

How many miles are we gettign out of a tank in our GT4s on a combined run boys and girls?

If you could break it down into driving trends for that tank.

- Speed limits?! What speed limits?? (Heavy footed run)

- Normal everyday drive (Average run)

- A push bike just overtook me (Slow)

I have had 400miles out of it doing about 90 mostly and thats with mods.

seems like the mpg isnt 2 bad at all compared2 my current car lol. My current car Golf GTI 20v mk4 only does bout 32mpg... and its only like 125BHP.

hopefully this guy that im w8ing on atm will buy my car 2day so i can go check out the celica 2moro or thurs on my days off hehe.

*fingers crossed*

tbh ill prob not ralley it all 2 much as my area is rather overly policed..... so it will onlty b outa town i boost it and that happens once in a blue moon lol

the other car i was looking at was a Skyline GTS-T which is alot worse on fuel consumption 2 so as long as im getting around 20 or more ill b more than happy hehe

Just be careful, I know its a great car and to be honest booster is right it is really hard to drive such a car slowly, i do kind of on long journeys tending to keep it at 80 all the way but as soon as you see a fast car you just have to have a bit of a go. Things do need to be changed after so many miles and it does cost money, not as much as some cars but certainly more than your average road car. It is handy if you are good with a spanner but it depends how long you can afford to have it off the road. My mates gt4 is on 190,000miles at the moment and the engine still sounds great and he has kept everything stock so they do last, just dont want you to get screwed when some maintenance work needs to take place. At the end of the day stuff goes wrong on all cars but dont get me wrong the gt4 isnt really prone to things messing up on it.

gotcha.

seems that i got stood up for the viewing on my car so im back 2 square 1 till i can sell it :(

Hmmm, i'm curious now. Ok, so a GT4 tank is 68 litres right?

How many miles are we gettign out of a tank in our GT4s on a combined run boys and girls?

If you could break it down into driving trends for that tank.

- Speed limits?! What speed limits?? (Heavy footed run)

- Normal everyday drive (Average run)

- A push bike just overtook me (Slow)

i once put £20 worth of fuel in , did 15 miles and the fuel warning light came back on - hoofing it in all gears . what a thrill ride.

No its not standard everyone just puts riser blocks in but these are quite expensive.

so can u raise the spoiler on the st 202 by just buying the riser blocks????

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links