Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bluetooth Poor Outgoing Volume

vivianM

Having recently connected my new phone to the bluetooth system, for the first time, I am having complaints that the outgoing volume is very, very poor. My T180 registered in April 2008

I had put the bluetooth outgoing volume up to 5 (the maximum).

Connecting my wife's mobile, a few years old Sharp, it is very much better.

My new phone is a Samsung SGH-700i , not a very expensive one (about £40 for the phone), but I am a bit reluctant to invest in another one and have the same problem AND my wife does not want to part with her phone as she says it takes her weeks to even use the basics!

Have spoke to Toyota Customer Services, but they could not help and did not have a list of phones that they knew would work well with their installed bluetooth.

Has any one experience a similar occurence?

Help

Guy

Have spoke to Toyota Customer Services, but they could not help and did not have a list of phones that they knew would work well with their installed Bluetooth.

Do they mean this list... :rolleyes:

Bluetooth_List.pdf

I've got a !Removed! old Nokia 6021 with bluetooth we can try.

You can change the out going volume by accessing the hidden menu (flashing your side lights 4 times whilst pressing the "info" button)

When you access the menu, you get this page:

05052009069.jpg

Press "menu" in the top right hand corner to get to this screen:

05052009070.jpg

Choose "bluetooth TELL Check" to see this screen:

05052009071.jpg

Choosing "Handsfree Voice Quality Set" will bring you to the screen you want:

05052009072.jpg

From this screen you can change the "Send Voice Level" to make your voice louder :)

If you don't want to do the above, you could shout! :lol:

Have spoke to Toyota Customer Services, but they could not help and did not have a list of phones that they knew would work well with their installed Bluetooth.

Do they mean this list... :rolleyes:

Bluetooth_List.pdf

Hi Duncerduncs,

Will look at list in a few minutes - re your next post, Thanks but I have done that to get to the 5 Max output. It is acceptable on my wife's phone but she has set her heart on keeping it!!

Anchorman,

Give me a call when you are free and I will slip round to try that phone if I might.

Thanks to both

Guy

I had the same problem with quiet outgoing volume, but when I set the volume to +3 I got complaints of feedback from the microphone. Best I could do was +1, but still very quiet.

Anyone else have this feedback problem?

I've got a skanky old Nokia 6021 with bluetooth we can try.

Well your old Nokia 6021 worked ok when we tried it - so I bought the same model yesterday - secondhand (very) but cheap on eBay and it works well - so all is sorted out at last.

Did get a call from RRG Stockport, my dealer where the T180 was bought, offering help if I needed it - that was a very good customer follow up and full marks to them.

Thanks for your help Anchorman

Guy

Should have mentioned that when I bought the Samsung mobile from CarPhone Warehouse I said it was for a bluetooth connection but they never took the trouble to tell me that not all bluetooth enabled phones are compatable with the Toyota or other specific installations!

Do take care if you are buying a bluetooth mobile to use in your vehicle and tell the supplier what vehicle it is for so you might have some comeback if it does not work well.

CarPhone Warehouse in Buxton were not interested when I told them of my poor outgoing volume problem.

Guy

Guy

I've got a !Removed! old Nokia 6021 with bluetooth we can try.

Well your old Nokia 6021 worked ok when we tried it - so I bought the same model yesterday - secondhand (very) but cheap on eBay and it works well - so all is sorted out at last.

Did get a call from RRG Stockport, my dealer where the T180 was bought, offering help if I needed it - that was a very good customer follow up and full marks to them.

Thanks for your help Anchorman

Guy

Should have mentioned that when I bought the Samsung mobile from CarPhone Warehouse I said it was for a bluetooth connection but they never took the trouble to tell me that not all bluetooth enabled phones are compatable with the Toyota or other specific installations!

Do take care if you are buying a bluetooth mobile to use in your vehicle and tell the supplier what vehicle it is for so you might have some comeback if it does not work well.

CarPhone Warehouse in Buxton were not interested when I told them of my poor outgoing volume problem.

Guy

Guy

Hi Guy,

when I bought a Sony Ericcson K880i from the carphone warehouse, I made them demonstrate that it would work in the car before I paid up. Posted previously on this, but briefly, the generic version of the phone worked ( and still does! ) fine but the Orange version wouldn't. Anchorman diagnosed a software problem and I'm sure that he was right. I have an old Nokia 6310i that works very well too, except that it does not display signal strength or Battery status.

You can change the out going volume by accessing the hidden menu (flashing your side lights 4 times whilst pressing the "info" button)

When you access the menu, you get this page:

05052009069.jpg

Press "menu" in the top right hand corner to get to this screen:

05052009070.jpg

Choose "Bluetooth TELL Check" to see this screen:

05052009071.jpg

Choosing "Handsfree Voice Quality Set" will bring you to the screen you want:

05052009072.jpg

From this screen you can change the "Send Voice Level" to make your voice louder :)

If you don't want to do the above, you could shout! :lol:

Just to say its 3 times with the lights on/off and gong into the diagnostic check mode is not advisable if you don't know what you are looking at

as when people get it wrong it makes our life hell trying to sort the settings out again.

as for blue tooth some orange phones won't do allot with the toyota system as it is run off a motorolla ecu and a bt internal programe and because they are orange "branded" some softwere is locked out ,

hope this helps

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links