Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tyre Pressures?

Bluedave

OK, I'll admit that this might be a bit daft, but I've just replaced the tyres on my 51 plate RAV4.

What is the best pressure to inflate the tyres to? (they're 235/60/16)

Service sheet attached. I think it is also on a sticker inside one of the front door frames.

2.0 bar.

rav4_diesel.pdf

rav4_gasoline.2003_service_datapdf.pdf

If you print the appropriate petrol or diesel and laminate the pages back to back you can leave it in the car and even keep it by you when you are servicing the car.

• 1 month later...
Service sheet attached. I think it is also on a sticker inside one of the front door frames.

2.0 bar.

rav4_diesel.pdf

rav4_gasoline.2003_service_datapdf.pdf

If you print the appropriate petrol or diesel and laminate the pages back to back you can leave it in the car and even keep it by you when you are servicing the car.

----

Thank you that was most helpful:-

According to the sticker (in Japanese):-

215/70R16 99S

Kgf/cm2:- 1.90 1.80 (which translates as)

Bar 1.86 1.77

So 2 Bar all round sounds OK, but assuming that the quoted figures are correct for a 1994 Rav 4, what I cannot fathom is which pressure should be in the front and which in the rear?

P.S. I have been off-line for 3 months recovering from a 3rd degree burn and my RAV 4 has been ferrying me to the Burns Unit twice a week from Glenrothes to Livingstone without a murmur - blessed be automatic transmissions!

Jim

Hi Jim

I hope you soon recover. I'm a bit confused here. Your first post says you have a 4.2 and your last says it is a 1994 model. Can you just clarify what it is you have got because those pdf's are for a 4.2 (2000-2005) model. Here is how to tell;

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=91067

Don't beat yourself up about 0.1 bar as your gauge is unlikely to be that accurate and you can round those conversions up to the nearest 0.1. If you have a 4.1 RAV you can use this checker to just add your registration;

http://www.tyre-shopper.co.uk/ts/TyrePressure.aspx

If you get chance just add a bit more info to your profile then if you have any further questions it will save us asking again what model you have :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links