Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Handbrake Adjustment.

ricc

tomorrow the rear brakes are comming back off to reseat the shoes and hake sure they are greased up and free movinng.#

i know how to adjust the shoes via the small ''settings' hole in hte drum face. si part of itwill come from there.

where to you change the cable length? like handbrake end... i got lots when i tried to figure out how to find this!?

riccolumms. xx

remove center arm rest unit and you'll see the cable the rest i m sure you know what to do ;)

eeee thought as much..... bolts towards rear i can see..... where are the fronts located?

thanks too

front you lost me there maybe i didn't understand your qustion ?

just wondering before you replace rear pads did you check out if you really need it cos the rear pads on my car have been there over 5 years coming to 6 years and they still have just under half left and work faultless.

i just seen your other posts on your brake disc's they look bad you did the right thing changing them ,that just goes to show your car hasn't been love from previous owners.

by the way hope you get well soon.

To adjust the handbrake correctly,

Remove gear lever surround and centre consol ( 2 x M6 bolts at the back and 2 screws at the front ).

Remove locknut on cable adjuster and back off handbrake cable adjuster nut.

Adjust handbrake shoes via star wheel adjuster until it locks the disc up solid.

Back off star wheel adjuster 7 clicks ( disc should turn freely).

Adjust cable adjuster until you have 5 - 7 clicks.

Handbrake should lock and hold the rear wheels by the fifth click with 2 clicks in reserve.

Mick

nice one mick. i shal perform this task ASAP. all makes sense now! especially knowing theres the forward brackets are that hold the centre console/armrest in place!

t182, when i got the car it had only just passed its MOT, so whoever passed it should be shot! lol. the previous owner was an old guy who spent his days pottering about the countryside plane spotting in Heartforshire! haha. I dont think Lift was ever used.....as for the brakes.... i think he probably pressed the peddle with a pillow under his foot! :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links