Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

4.2 Pre-purchase Queries

Catweazle

Hi All

I'm in the market to purchase a 4.2 manual petrol 5 door RAV 4 (and have been for some months but they seem to get snapped up as soon as they come onto the market) and am looking at 2002 models with around 60 - 70k miles on the clock. At this mileage is there anything to bear in mind when purchasing - i.e are there any known issues which raise their head at this sort of mileage?

Any other pre-purchasing tips would also be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Hi Catweazle + welcome, To the best of my knowledge there are no issues with the petrol Rav, which is probably why they are being snapped up, the Rav is a great car, so be patient + wait for the right one you won't regret it..should you get any problems there are people on here who know more about them than Toyota do, so find a goodun + enjoy :thumbsup:

Thanks for the advice local hero. I'm hoping to look at an '02 VX on Saturday providing that no one beats me to it as seems to be the case lately.

Hi Catweazle. I have a 52 VX in lagoon blue with 42k on the clock in the almost 7 years I've owned it. It's had 2 O2 sensors , a water pump , Battery and Wiper Blades since new and that's it. What sort of prices are being asked? I'm toying with changing in a few months so would be interested to know. Nice to know there is still demand for them. My only complaint is 27 mpg except for motorway use.

Hi pmb

They seem to range anything between £5,000 - £7,500 with the Parkers guide being around £5,500. You should get a good price for yours taking into account the low mileage and if my area is anything to go by, you won't have trouble in selling it. It's a shame you are so far away else I might have made you an offer.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links