Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Need Help...aygo Or Iq?

JoshC89

not sure whether to get an iq or aygo and wondered what peoples opinions are on the aygo?

not sure whether to get an iq or aygo and wondered what peoples opinions are on the aygo?

Well mate i found the Aygo as a very practical little companion. With regards to fuel consumption ( i use it every day & get stuck in traffic most of the time! ) i fill it every 3 weeks or even 1 month too, i can sit 3 more adults with me really comfortably. You can barely seat 3 adults in an IQ. Once fully loaded it travels quite effortlessly & without extra stress, even with A/C on. RECOMMENDED!

Well mate i found the Aygo as a very practical little companion. With regards to fuel consumption ( i use it every day & get stuck in traffic most of the time! ) i fill it every 3 weeks or even 1 month too, i can sit 3 more adults with me really comfortably. You can barely seat 3 adults in an IQ. Once fully loaded it travels quite effortlessly & without extra stress, even with A/C on. RECOMMENDED!

thanks for the recommendation mate! i really do like the little aygo though it does ***** me off when sad people say "Ooooooh its a girls car" not that i'd let some knowledge-less idiiots affect my decision....

I'd definately say go for the Aygo, many good points made above by VSD

Like you say, its definately not a girls car, especially if you make a few modifications :)

I'm not a owner of an aygo anymore, but I drove once an Iq and I really prefer the aygo

I think it's not a girl's car because even today my husband keeps saying he really misses the aygo and he says if he could he would get the aygo as a third car making some modifications as the sound and wheels.

But I think in quality wins the IQ. So it is up to you.

Aygo every time especially if you want to carry more then 2 people and carry stuff in the boot at the same time.

Aygo is a car for anyone.

Aygo is Fun

As with any car you get good ones and bad ones, but there will be people who gripe about the bad ones, and many satisfied owners, who may not come on forums like this.

What's wrong with a girls car? The Mx-5 is often referred to as a girls car and that is probably one of the best cars released in the last dozen or so years. I think "girls cars" are great to be honest.

It's a plus point. :thumbsup:

Regards

Mandy

PS The IQ is just a pure marketing gimmick. Less space, ugly looks, more money .... you do realise Delboy Trotter has been hired to sell these by Toyota alongside his smoke damaged fire alarms don't you? :yes:

Only a fool who buys an ipod rather than a proper mp3 player would fall for such marketing shenanigans.

Regards

Andy

Only a fool who buys an ipod rather than a proper mp3 player would fall for such marketing shenanigans.

OUCH! I kinda feel offended here... As far as I'm concerned the

iPod is the only proper Personal music Player on the market :D

I really digg the iQ, it looks fun, drives well and would be perfect

for my daily use, but I just can't justify paying allmost twice as

much for a smaller car that probably depreciates faster...

OUCH! I kinda feel offended here... As far as I'm concerned the

iPod is the only proper Personal music Player on the market :D

One that doesn't play very loud it seems for the "only proper" one ....

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=93849

You can see my comment at the bottom.

Iq, Ipod see my Ireasoning about Imarketing gone Imad?

There's an ISucker born every Iminute.

Regards

Andy

Really OffTopic here, but there's more to an Audio Player than hooking

it up to anything. And the problem you're referring to is not proprietary

to Apple, nor is a Walkman comparable with an MP3-player...

Or are you one of those people that complain at a gasstation that the nozzle

doesn't fit their tank opening? Because they're trying to fill up with DIESEL...

Using the proper output, MEANT for hooking up to an external amplifier

an iPod works fine on the POS OEM radio that comes with an Aygo...

Even Toyota realises this, as the iPod hokup in an iQ

is done over the proper output: the dock-connector...

Don't forget Aygo is pronounced IGO :P

Ipod using the dock to phono leads is fine, (8G nano with Video and 80G Classic)

I bought my Aygo last September as a cheap runabout and I have to say I'm delighted with it. It's small but has good space for four people inside and is quite nippy for a 1L car. I haven't driven an IQ but had a good look at one at the local Toyota dealers and it really is only a 2 seater, probably room for a couple of gerbils in the back, and costs alot more than the Aygo. Even if the IQ was available last year, I would still have bought the Aygo.

get whatever you feel comfortable with.

if its an iq maybe see you in that forum when they have done a face lift on it

Really OffTopic here, but there's more to an Audio Player than hooking

it up to anything. And the problem you're referring to is not proprietary

to Apple, nor is a Walkman comparable with an MP3-player...

Or are you one of those people that complain at a gasstation that the nozzle

doesn't fit their tank opening? Because they're trying to fill up with DIESEL...

Using the proper output, MEANT for hooking up to an external amplifier

an iPod works fine on the POS OEM radio that comes with an Aygo...

Even Toyota realises this, as the iPod hokup in an iQ

is done over the proper output: the dock-connector...

Your diesel anology is wrong because that is designed to stop you doing something, wheras there is no problem at all using the headphone socket to connect to an external source, millions of people do it around the world. What you are admitting to is that the Apple device lacks functionality in this respect ;) That's typical of Apple products to be honest....#

We will just have to agree to disagree on the matter .. it's of topic but an interesting discussion none the less :)

Regards

Andy

Aygo plus points:

* Cheap.

* Better to drive on the limit.

* More space, easily fit four.

iQ plus points:

* Nice ride.

* 9 airbags + VSC as standard + other goodies.

* 100bhp coming soon.

* Made in Japan.

You might not think much of the last one---the Aygo is made in the Czech Republic and is well built---but all the Jap tuners are doing parts for the iQ and nothing for the Aygo as they do not have that in Japan. If you are into tuning, the iQ will have more parts available.

My only real gripes about the iQ are than the wheel base is a bit short so if there was no VSC it might be less easy to recover from a slide, and it is expensive. You probably get what you pay for, but at the moment I don't want gadgets.

Would be nice if there was a base-spec iQ with the 1.33 engine, but I think instead it is going to be top of the range and quite expensive.

Paul.

Just looked at an IQ today while i was in gettin my free car wash from west riding Toyota in Hudds......cheers guys.

Iq is a completely different prospect to an Aygo. The IQ is a VERY high quality product and really is not in competition with the Aygo. I had an Aygo, and i have also owned a couple of Smart 4-2's and the IQ is much more like the smart (and in my opinion better....)

If you want a good honest cheap small car, the the Aygo is great. I would compare it to the little lancias and fiats that i satrted out in, albeit much better built. Bassically its a very simple car and handles properly and will do a long journey with no fuss if you need it to. The IQ on the other hand is a very technologically advanced car (like the smart) and is compromised and more expensive as a result, but its not as stable and too small inside. The 3rd seat is a joke.

I wouldnt buy an IQ unless i had access to another bigger car. So i might be getting one for the missus as the Yaris fits the bill for the other car perfectly!

Why cant they make a 100bhp Aygo :crybaby:

They are..... :P

Out of the two i prefer the looks of the iQ...... can only comment on the styling as i haven't driven an iQ yet

Thanks for all these comments and views guys its all helpful, aygo looks like a worthwhile car though i first want to see what the 1.3 litre version of the IQ ends up like.

iQ is more a "Smart killer" a car for two, maybe three with more room for carrying stuff than Smart and with a much better quality. Aygo is more a budget car with iQ being more premium class which is reflected on the price also. There are clear markets for both I think, but personally I went for Aygo. Like the looks, size and price more.

iQ shouldn't leak...

And you know that because.....

PS:My Aygo does not leak.Does your Yaris leak?

iQ shouldn't leak...

And you know that because.....

PS:My Aygo does not leak.Does your Yaris leak?

Only if I leave my window and sunroof open :(

As it's been said, they're two totally different products marketed in different sectors in the industry.

If you want:

Cheap, no frills motoring, slightly more space but more of a basic feel and good residuals - choose an Aygo

If you want

High quality, more expensive, more gadgets but less space - choose an iQ.

Each comes with good & bad points.... yes even the iQ has been causing some owners jip, so don't be fooled that expense equals no problems, it would not seem the case reading the iQ forum.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links