Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dvd Navigation For Rav4

vincenthoo

Where can i buy a DVD Navigation for my RAV4?

I found an online shop selling it. But the screen is small, only 6.2". Where can i buy a DVD Navigation with 7" touchscreen for RAV4??

o_RXCc9BKbmzyWDuH.jpg

A member on here called HOOVIE has pimped his sound system for touch NAV unit... also got it linked to a rear camera as well...

you can send him a PM message.....

A member on here called HOOVIE has pimped his sound system for touch NAV unit... also got it linked to a rear camera as well...

you can send him a PM message.....

I got the Kenwood 5250BT and find it really good. can remember the exact screen size but it is big enough I reckon and well priced for the features.

I found an online shop selling it. But the screen is small, only 6.2". Where can i buy a DVD Navigation with 7" touchscreen for RAV4??

o_RXCc9BKbmzyWDuH.jpg

Hi,

Im after one too for my/her Rav but there are so many and I really dont know which to go for.

Pioneer is one of my favourites but they all are so expensive.

I took the other route for DVD/SAT NAV in my work van and built a CAR PC and Bought a cheap 7" touch screen.

I do really like my Car pc as it has everything you could want and a great frontend (centrafuse)

Say Nav

DVD

All Media formats

Windows XP

Capture Card (CCTV)

WIFI

Internet

bluetooth (for gps receiver and phone)

Large HDD for lots of music and movie storage

Engine management

Radio (Digital and analogue)

TV tuner

List goes on and on

Bad points is the 3 minutes it takes to boot up

When I turn the engine off the PC remains on for an hour which is good for when you stop for a short time and dont want to have to boot pc again. Also when I get home I can sync it with home PC for music uploads etc.

I suppose it all comes down to budget (I don't really have one)

45522d1192299333-centrafuse-beta-1-40-aura.jpg

Hi,

Im after one too for my/her Rav but there are so many and I really dont know which to go for.

I took the other route for DVD/SAT NAV in my work van and built a CAR PC and Bought a cheap 7" touch screen.

I do really like my Car pc as it has everything you could want and a great frontend (centrafuse)

Say Nav

DVD

All Media formats

Windows XP

Capture Card (CCTV)

WIFI

Internet

Engine management

TV tuner

List goes on and on

Bad points is the 3 minutes it takes to boot up.

You should look into Windows XP Embedded. It's a version of XP that boots up off a flash memory card like an SD or CF. We have several small PC's at work that boot up XP Embedded from a Compact Flash card in about 30 seconds. Let me know if you need more info.

Hi,

Say Nav

DVD

All Media formats

Windows XP

Capture Card (CCTV)

WIFI

Internet

Engine management

TV tuner

List goes on and on

Bad points is the 3 minutes it takes to boot up.

You should look into Windows XP Embedded. It's a version of XP that boots up off a flash memory card like an SD or CF. We have several small PC's at work that boot up XP Embedded from a Compact Flash card in about 30 seconds. Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks

I have looked into xpe but didnt bother as stripped down xp myself and removed all unwanted services etc.

It boots very fast but the front end takes the time.

Im thinking of putting in a solid state hdd which will greatly improve load times as there no moving parts.

Just waiting for the price to drop now.

Thanks for the good advise though.

I think the xp I stripped down was called tinyxp.

The problem with xpe was getting the bluetooth stack to work.

Shine on

Sorry, double posted. Windows Mobile 6 on an Xperia for you!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links