Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cycle Carrier

Mc Tavish

Looking for a cycle carrier for the rav but dont have tow bar nor roof rails and bike inside the motor is not going down well with dog or she who must be obeyed as im getting the padington bear hard stare in rear view mirror (from dog) and i think im going deaf in left lug from the constant comments from she who should be obeyed but isnt so anybody know if you can get a carrier that attatches to back door (No spare XTR)or is it a no go due to roof spoiler? Help!

Looking for a cycle carrier for the rav but dont have tow bar nor roof rails and bike inside the motor is not going down well with dog or she who must be obeyed as im getting the padington bear hard stare in rear view mirror (from dog) and i think im going deaf in left lug from the constant comments from she who should be obeyed but isnt so anybody know if you can get a carrier that attatches to back door (No spare XTR)or is it a no go due to roof spoiler? Help!

I've never seen one that mounts on the rear door of a RAV. A carrier mounted thus ( on a vertical rear door ) puts a lot of load on the hinges which is a worry. Having said that, the door appears the same as one with a spare wheel mounted on it and they are HEAVY!

I use a towbar mounted rack which works well and was very cheap ( £25 ) BUT the towbar is best part of £300 by the time you have the electrics. IMHO it is the best solution as it is safe and puts the load in the right place on the vehicle. Not sure that this is what you wanted to hear, sorry :blink:

You could always get a Brompton: CLICK

Here in the Lakes if you use one of these racks and it obscures lights or number plate the police will pull you.

They put a lot of strain on the rear door.

Thanks guys think im gona have to bite bullet but will see what is the cheapest...... roof rails or the tow bar option .... dont have a caravan or trailer so tow bar would be a waste but again if its cheaper than roof rails will go with that but as for the "brompton" suggestion thanks for that but no thanks! may give parts king a shout for some prices or does anyone know roughly how much these are ???? roof rails or tow bar not the brompton!!!!

Thanks guys think im gona have to bite bullet but will see what is the cheapest...... roof rails or the tow bar option .... dont have a caravan or trailer so tow bar would be a waste but again if its cheaper than roof rails will go with that but as for the "brompton" suggestion thanks for that but no thanks! may give parts king a shout for some prices or does anyone know roughly how much these are ???? roof rails or tow bar not the brompton!!!!

Have a look at these LINK- no idea how they compare price or quality wise with MrT but I would imagine that they are pretty competetive [and cheaper than a Brompton ;)]

Info. does not give a load spec. as far as I can see.

It's a shame you don't have the spare on the back. The Thule "Spare Me" carrier would be perfect:

gallery_70699_762_12047.jpg

Phoned the garage where i got my RAV from today for a quote for some roof rails and was quoted £590 + vat ! that is of course before any discount HaHa can anyone tell me if this is the correct price for these as it seems a wee bit high? was gona ask about a tow bar but after that quote i dropped the phone and broke it so didnt get that far again can anyone tell me if the price i was quoted correct ive looked through different posts on forum and there all around 290 mark? PARTS KING feel free to jump in at any time!

Hi, I've got the same, XT-R (no roofrails) and I use a Thule Roofrack system, approx £120 / £150 plus bike carriers, approx £30 each. I also bought a folding set of steps / work platform, that lays flat in the boot, from B&Q to assist with putting the Bikes on, usefull for washing the roofas well, approx £30 and I would not change from this set up. Hope this helps Mike

thanks for that will take a look at the Thule system also just PM parts king for a price for toyota bars as ive already got the cross bars for the roof rail from last Rav i had ...... still havent recovered from the quote of 590+vat :wacko:

It's a shame you don't have the spare on the back. The Thule "Spare Me" carrier would be perfect:

gallery_70699_762_12047.jpg

Hi

I have a 2006 (56 plate) XT4 with rear mounted spare wheel. I was lead to believe that you couldn’t have a spare wheel mounted cycle carrier as the spare wheel couldn’t cope with the weight (I wanted to carry 3 bikes) :huh: ? Can you let me know the part number of your cycle carrier so I can research it please?

Thanx

Hi

I have a 2006 (56 plate) XT4 with rear mounted spare wheel. I was lead to believe that you couldn’t have a spare wheel mounted cycle carrier as the spare wheel couldn’t cope with the weight (I wanted to carry 3 bikes) :huh: ? Can you let me know the part number of your cycle carrier so I can research it please?

Thanx

Do a Google search for "Thule Spare Me":

http://www.amazon.com/Thule-963-Spare-2-Bi...t/dp/B000GT1QQM

http://www.orsracksdirect.com/thule-spare-...e-rack-963.html

Hi

Thanx

Let me google that for you B)

I'm looking at a pendle rack just now for mounting on a tow ball. If anyone has any experience of using one, some user feedback would be appreciated.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links