Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Would You Buy Another Auris Or Recommend It?

rach22

My auris looks better and better every day. It's strange it should get use to it :)

I would recommend it - its a good car, but if i would buy a new car now it would be avensis or verso

Ok so i will start it off:

1) Buy another auris - NEVER

2) Recommend - NOT IN A MILLION YEARS

OOOOO btw -

**PINK FONTS ONLY PLEASE**

:D

Are you Lady Elanore from the skoda forums>? :D

OOOOO btw -

Lady who?? ermm NOOOOO. Never owned a skoda. Sorry!! :)

Have to say, I'd buy an Auris and do plan too when mine is due for replacement in a few years.

Although as previously stated.. that does depend on any TRD offerings from around the world... also the fate of the new Celica/MR2/Supra/FT-HS etc. I like Coupes and hot hatches.

I've read nothing on these forums that'd put me off an Auris I have to say. Although that being said, there is one or two things which are pushing me towards a new Scooby 330S.

I have an 09 SR D4-d and I love it!

So to answer your questions, yes, I would buy another one (prob the SR180 next time) & I would def recommened.

OOOOO btw -

The Lady Elanore from Briskoda is not as placid as the young lady on here......LOL

Redeye666 are you also ex Skoda?

Toyota cars still origonate from japan regardless of where they are built. I believe the auris was designed in france and built on production lines as you say. They are built in certain places for logistics, cost and capacity reasons for certain markets.

However the car is assembled and by whom it is still done with toyota design inside and all the parts were carefully decided upon and choosen by the engineers of toyota in or connected with japan hq, toyoyta city.

The auris could have and probably should have had slightly better interior and plastics should have been better. It is an oversight but the idea for the auris was to get a mechanically sound and reliable vehicle into the family market that was practical and priced very well. The quality of the parts from the hoses, seals and larger parts is good, toyota good. The itterative design process minimises the probability of failure despite more complicated designs for emission laws.

Toyota will move on from the auris to see whether the price point or the luxury mattered the most.

It isn't easy trying to modernise the worlds best selling car. :)

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Well said.

Euro design and Jap built. Toyota is Toyota all round the world. They do the research,they do the sums and they dont take risks. Whitegoods on wheels cos they know thy're on a good thing so why take risks.At the end of the day they still a business.. I wouldnt tell someone to not buy one cos i put a scratch on the dash.Its a Toyota,reliability and longevity, its the peoples car and not a trophy.. :)

Would I buy another Auris, no in fact on Friday I pick up my new car, its German. It doesnt rattle and the materials look built to last, I did 45K miles in my Auris in 19 months, it never let me down , but is interior quality and service requirements became to much in the end.

Would i recommend an Auris. Yes, if you do a low mileage and get a good deal 2nd hand

I did 45K miles in my Auris in 19 months, it never let me down

That is why I like Auris :lol: I have been driving German cars for years but after service told me not to use interior light as that would require computer reset to turn it off I had enough. My colleague was advised that for his problem fix will be available later on probably but at the moment he must try to avoid turning left with full lock.

But quality of drive and finish are exceptional...

I guess that depends on what are we looking for :D

I would recommend the Auris, and at the time of buying thought it offered the best value for my money for my needs, but it needs an interior material update at the facelift release.

I doubt that I would buy another though, and in fairness, I have never bought the same model twice in over 27 years (have a change and all that..). If I were to buy another high-powered diesel: then as mentioned before, I would go for the new Mazda 3 if I could get a decent discount, if a hot hatch/coupe: then Scirocco, Subaru STI, new Mazda 3 MPS, poss new Celica when it arrives.

OOOOO btw -

The Lady Elanore from Briskoda is not as placid as the young lady on here......LOL

Redeye666 are you also ex Skoda?

No i'm afraid not :)

1) Maybe - I just got mine with full body kit etc so its not a bad looker. I have had a Civic the suspension and paint quality were poor this is better so far

2) Recommend - With the deal I got yes why wouldn't I? it seems very good value.

Pink Fonts - OK just this once!

As the inspector for interior parts such as the "Wishbone Console" The Sidepanels under the "wishbone" the centre console, door grips, Glovebox upper and glovebox lower. I would never ever ever recommend this car for its interior. The gloveboxes are crap, the wishbone is poor painted and the centre console (one with the lid) is absolutely shocking. How many of you have wobbly lids on your centre consoles? A fair few I imagine.

For its exterior looks I would reccommend the T180. I have seen a fair few of those puppies come off the production line in TMUK and I still have not gone off them.

I have an Oct 07 T180 and its great, does every thing I wanted it to do apart from about 5mpg shy of what I expected.

So to answer your questions,

1. No reason being I would want some thing different for a change maybe a face lift Auris / SR180, but if I needed a new car today then yes its just that I feel after I would have owned a T180 a few years I would not want more or less the same car again

2. yes, I would def recommend the car is great and like I have said many a time the reason I think a lot of people call the T/SR180 is because they think its is a hot hatch so when they realise its not they dont rate it.

Recommend to a friend .. Yes absolutely, in fact i did and he bought an SR180 and is happy (thank :censor: ).

I think value for money the Auris is bang on.

I paid 12k just under a year ago for an 07plate Auris T180, with SatNav and 12k miles on the clock... who would be dissapointed with the T180 spec for money? - sunroof/pushbutton start, keyless entry, nice big SatNav screen, 180bhp engine for relative peanuts? I cant fault it.. even if i have had faults with my car (rear brakes binding so have just had that sorted.. ) im still happy enough with my choice.

-> my previous was a Rav4 T180, which cost 30k inc all its extras (SatNav, TV Screens etc)... then i changed from that to a 12k Auris... and im still more than chuffed with it and really doesnt feel (too much) like ive "downgraded" (as the salesman put it) ..

Would i buy another? .. errr, no. Seeing all this Pink on the board is really growing on me and im gunna get me a Mercedes SLK next :help:

At the moment Id say ....

1. Yes I would if offered a similar deal. Had mine since Nov 08 and so far nothing at all whatsoever has gone wrong, not even any rattles. It does what I need without any fuss, its comfortable, quick enough for me, economical enough for me, and I enjoy driving it.

2. Yes I'd recommend to someone looking for similar capability.

Of course that might change as I expect to run it for a minimun of 10 years and approx 120000 miles ... had my last car for over 12 years. If it doesn't need any expensive repairs in that time with minimal maintainance I'll be seriously chuffed, if it does ... I won't ... so ask again in 10 years or so.

I like purple better than pink :P

Hi Rach and guys,

my sixpenneth!!

1) YES

I have a white SR180 Jan 08 with body kit and white wheels. I love it

2) YES

Without a doubt, I would recommend it, its great.

Paul Mack

OOOOO btw -

Would like to see your white wheels, got any pics? :)

Best regards, Alex

1) Buy another auris - Nope

2) Recommend - Not Really

In my opionion the team that designed the car where either newbies or had to get the project done and over with in an unrealistically short period of time.

Best regards, Alex

I put CW 18" CTR alloys on mine yesterday and while I like White wheels they imo did not look right on the silverish T180 colour of Auris, Sorry did not take a picture

White wheels never go with silver cars imo but on a white car like Pauls usually looks ace. Wouldnt thank you for the job of cleaning them though!

• 2 weeks later...

Best regards, Alex

Hi Alex,

sorry for late reply, been away!!

Will try and send pics over this weekend (once I have cleaned it!)

Thanks

Paul

White wheels never go with silver cars imo but on a white car like Pauls usually looks ace. Wouldnt thank you for the job of cleaning them though!

Hi 'Djw John'

I agree, white on silver is not the right choice, white on white? Priceless.

Paul

Ps I dont have any issues cleaning mine, but then again I am a bit sad cos I love cleaning the car!!

Pics to follow soon.

Auris is the worst car Ive ever had. I would never ever buy Auris again nor recommend this ***** to anyone. Toyota (mostly to be claimed reliable and well made car hahaha?!) After 5000 km(horrible - squeaking, strange noises making, brakes problems etc.) I started to think about finding some water dam deep enough to see if it can swim :angry: compare to my last car (GOLF IV) this is . . . .(I dont want to swear).

Sorry for this angriness but I'm really very disappointed - never ever going to buy Toyota in my life for sure.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links