Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Camry 3.0

avensr2001

Hi,

Fingers crossed I hope to soon have the opportunity to purchase a low mileage Camry 3.0 1996 or 1997 I think, (not sure because it has a personal plate), from a colleague who purchased it from new. If I do it will have to replace my Avensis 2.0SR as I can't afford to run 3 cars ( I also have a Ford Scorpio 2.3 Ultima which I want to keep).

Question is there seems to be very little information available on the Camry either on this site or indeed anywhere else. I originally wanted one of these before I bought the Avensis but there were so few around even then (18 months ago).

Can anyone help regarding their experiences / comments / servicing and availability of spares for this series?

Any assistance or advice would be very gratefully received!

My dad had a 96-01 Camry V6 before his Lexus, and i've got an 01-04 Camry V6. Superb cars, far better than the Avensis I had before, much better built.

Think of it as a Lexus for a fraction of the price, parts are easy enough to get, it's basically a 2WD Lexus RX300 in a different body, and the ES300's twin (which we can't get in the UK).

My dad had a 96-01 Camry V6 before his Lexus, and i've got an 01-04 Camry V6. Superb cars, far better than the Avensis I had before, much better built.

Think of it as a Lexus for a fraction of the price, parts are easy enough to get, it's basically a 2WD Lexus RX300 in a different body, and the ES300's twin (which we can't get in the UK).

Sorry for the delay in responding to your comments and information James and thank you!

It's reassuring to know that parts are still easy enough to get. Would these mostly be in stock from the normal Toyota dealer or require ordering from elsewhere in Europe or even Japan?

I am quite looking forward to the opportunity of owning one, but a little trepidatious of saying goodbye to the Scorpio if it is that car that has to go. Basically it is the best built, most comfortable and complete car I have ever owned. Ugly it may have been to non-owners - but once behind the wheel, pure comfort and enjoyment!

Thanks again James.

Sorry for the delay in responding to your comments and information James and thank you!

It's reassuring to know that parts are still easy enough to get. Would these mostly be in stock from the normal Toyota dealer or require ordering from elsewhere in Europe or even Japan?

I am quite looking forward to the opportunity of owning one, but a little trepidatious of saying goodbye to the Scorpio if it is that car that has to go. Basically it is the best built, most comfortable and complete car I have ever owned. Ugly it may have been to non-owners - but once behind the wheel, pure comfort and enjoyment!

Thanks again James.

Just goto Toyota for Parts, it's nice when they usually come in little boxes saying made in Japan on them.

Thanks James - I am still waiting for the current owner to finally release his vice like grip on the car and let me have it.

I hope then to be able to pass on my first impressions with a big smile on my face!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links