Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Back In Rallying

blutto

Having just seen the post on lift & drifting, who would like to see Toyota back in rallying? perhaps with the forthcoming Celica / Subaru

Celica/Subaru?

You mean the RWD Corolla Coupe?

:lol:

But yes be good to see them back... they rally the Corolla (Auris) in Oz

Celica/Subaru?

The new Celica will be on a scuby platform.

Celica/Subaru?

The new Celica will be on a scuby platform.

But it has also been rumoured that it will be called a Corolla..... ;)

• 6 months later...

i thought the rumour was they were going to base the new celica on the 86, are they actually thinking of calling it a corolla? cause that would be awesome, even if it ends up with a big old mess of pipes where the rocker cover should be (never been a fan of boxers, they dont look like real engines to me, and i hate working on them)

more on topic though i would love to see them rallying again, maybe they could make something along the linesof the new suzuki rally car out of the urban cruiser, i also wanted to see anavensis touring car, maybe with a mental dtm-esque areo package

They can put all that F1 money to better use now and do somthing they were good at.

Toyota could've used their reported £200bn budget as follows:

Enter a F1 team agreeing to the £40m budget cap....

Take the remaining £160bn and re-enter rallying with a rally version of the Auris for now.... and re-enter British Touring cars with the Avensis

;)

Toyota could've used their reported £200bn budget as follows:

Enter a F1 team agreeing to the £40m budget cap....

Take the remaining £160bn and re-enter rallying with a rally version of the Auris for now.... and re-enter British Touring cars with the Avensis

;)

that is genius, if theyre enter rallying do you think they play fair, or try and come up with an even more ingenius way of cheating than the turbo restictor jubilee clip thing, personally i hope the later cause that was awesome

I think it would be great to see them properly back into rallying.

If the new S2000 rules came into the WRC (which is all a bit up in the air at the moment) it would be great to see Toyota invest and develope the Auris. It has all the characteristics to be a good car and if Toyota put a bit of money into it (nothing compared to F1 money) it could be seriously competitive.

The other reason it would be fantastic in my opinion is that alot of the guys that worked for the Toyota F1 team have alot of experience and knowledge of rallying, so it would put alot of them back in a job. The guy that built my step dads engine for his Corolla WRC was the cheif engine builder for the F1 team and now he's lost his job.

In my opinion for a company like Toyota, who pride themselves on reliability, rallying is the way to go!

If the new S2000 rules came into the WRC (which is all a bit up in the air at the moment) it would be great to see Toyota invest and develope the Auris. It has all the characteristics to be a good car and if Toyota put a bit of money into it (nothing compared to F1 money) it could be seriously competitive.

They wouldn't have to invest much to make an Auris rally car....

2007-toyota-corolla-super-2_460x0w.jpg

At least the Aussie Auris has the correct name tho! :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links