Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Previa Remote Central Locking

mightymo

I have been asked by a few members how to wire up remote central locking on the Previa, so here are the instructions.

Please note I will not be held responsible for any damage to wiring if wrong connection causes damage to your vehicles.

For safety reasons I would recommend using a power probe these can be bought from about £20.00 from online stores.

The wires are found under the drivers side dash area. The wires can be other colors to those described below, PLEASE READ YOUR INSTRUCTIONS FOR YOUR CENTRAL LOCKING KIT/ALARM CAREFULLY

Red power wire connect to thin white cable with red stripe at the Ignition switch harness

White wire to blue wire with red stripe in ignition switch harness, note there may be two white wires in the central locking kits harness, only connect the white wire is if there two white wires in your central locking kit

Black wire connect to earth

Indicator flash wiring connections can be found in wiring harness coming from the indicator switch, peel back black plastic sleeving near the steering wheel cowling

Brown wire for indicator flash connect to green wire with yellow stripe

Brown wire for indicator flash connect to green wire with black stripe

Central locking wire connections can be found in the kick panel near the drivers door area. Connect as follows.

This where a power probe comes in very handy, use to test for current switching when you lock /unlock door with the switch on drivers door panel.

White wire with fuse is the lock wire connect to blue/orange stripe, or blue/pink stripe or blue/white stripe.

White wire with black stripe is unlock wire connect to blue/red or blue wire

Yellow wire & yellow wire with black stripe connect to earth.

Orange wire & orange wire with black stripe do not connect tape up separately.

Please remember Toyota along with other car makers change the wiring colours over the cars production life.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links