Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

4.3 Rear Seats

Plutus

Can someone please tell me if the 4.3 rear seats are completely removeable as they are in the 4.2?

Thanks

Can someone please tell me if the 4.3 rear seats are completely removeable as they are in the 4.2?

Thanks

Ummm.. don't think so. Although they fold flat and slide back and forth (and maybe because of that), I don't think you can take them out witout tools. At least I haven't found a way on my one. Also, there is a little lever on the boot trim that releases/reclines them so that cable also must be attached to the seats (other end being attached to boot trim).

Hope that helps. Although I'm always happy to be corrected if I am wrong. :)

Thanks

I do not know if they come out completely, but wonder why you would want them to as they fold virtually flat anyway, i am 5ft 9" and can lay full length (don't ask) in the back without a problem, admitidly the rear door was open :thumbsup:

I'm asking because the 4.3 with auto diesel interests me.

However, most of the time we use the 4.2 with the rear seats out as we can use it a bit like a van.

The low sill/floor means you van easily place objects up to 1m high in the back.

Great for moving furniture and all sorts of things.

I'm asking because the 4.3 with auto diesel interests me.

However, most of the time we use the 4.2 with the rear seats out as we can use it a bit like a van.

The low sill/floor means you van easily place objects up to 1m high in the back.

Great for moving furniture and all sorts of things.

On the 4.3 the seats fold ALMOST flat into the floor so unlike the 4.2 you would gain nothing by removing them. anyway ive had a quick measure.. the height of load space from the road to floor level is 23" 58cms.. from floor to roof at rear 37" 94cms.. between arches (width) 43" 110cms... between rear doors 55"139cms...From rear of front seats in a reasonable driving position to closed rear door (lngth) 65"165cm you also have quite a usable storage area for boots, cleaning stuff, tools whatever underneath the rear floor.. hope this helps :thumbsup:

I have had a 4.1 4.2 +4.3 you will find the load area much larger in the 4.3, toyota claim 50% more, however i think the rear opening is prob not much bigger than the 4/2 so although the largest item you can get in may not be much bigger the overall space is greater :thumbsup: Stew

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links