Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

9year 50k Service?

Abs.

Hello all,

I have a 2000 Yaris 1.0 Auto.

It has just done 50k.

It's last service was in 2007, and it was a "major" service. Have done 5k miles since then, but being 2 years on, needs another service.

Could someone please tell me what is needed for this service?

How often do the spark plugs needs replacing?

And brake fluid?

Thanks!

Hello all,

I have a 2000 Yaris 1.0 Auto.

It has just done 50k.

It's last service was in 2007, and it was a "major" service. Have done 5k miles since then, but being 2 years on, needs another service.

Could someone please tell me what is needed for this service?

How often do the spark plugs needs replacing?

And brake fluid?

Thanks!

Seems that it needs an intermediate service as the Major and Intermediate alternate.

Servicing should be done every 10,000 miles or 1 Year (Whichever comes first)

Spark plugs should have been replaced at 40,000 miles "Major" service

Brake fluid should be changed every TWO years.............so have it changed at this service. :thumbsup:

Get the coolant checked. Also get the auto transmission fluid checked. It is recommended its replaced every 6yrs / 60,000 miles.

• 2 months later...

As above, a major service should be done every two years - but in terms of replacement items, that just covers oil & oil filter, the major service just has a more extensive list of items to inspect & check....

Other items are less frequent and are specified separately in the service schedule

You'd need to check when they were last replaced to know if they need doing again. None of them would have been a mandatory part of the last service, but could have been done as optional items (only way to check would be the invoice...)

Spark plugs - Replace every 4 years or 40,000 miles.

Brake fluid - Replace every 2 years

Air filter - Replace every 4 years or 30,000 miles.

Interior pollen filter (if fitted) - Inspect it and replace it when dirty - about every two years.

Given that a set of spark plugs were less than a tenner from my local motor factors, I just used to replace the plugs, the air and the pollen filters every two years regardless....

Coolant is replace after 100,000 miles, so you;'re OK there...

I can't find any reference to auto transmission fluid replacement (which surprised me) in my official service book, but I don't doubt Nick's advice above...

Here's the definitive Toyota service schedule...

http://techdoc.toyota-europe.com/Maintenan...yaris/Final.pdf

Auto transmission fluid change interval depends on what type of fluid is fitted and the conditions the car is driven in.

Some are never changed, some at 54,000 mile intervals....

In case that link doesn't work, it can be found here

http://techdoc.toyota-europe.com/default.aspx

and then select the "Repair" tab and then select Maintenance Schedules.

Good thing about this site is that its Toyota's latest recommendation. Based on their experience, things might have changed since a car service book was originally printed when the car was new, so its thebest source of what Toyota say you should be doing now to maintain your car.

(as an example, some manufacturers change their recommended cam belt change intervals depending on real life experience.... not an issue that affects the Yaris 1.0 or 1.3, but an example of when a published schedule could get changed...)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links