Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Re-mapping Engine

4X4 M1LES

Has anyone had there engine re-mapped? I know that you can buy tuning boxes that you can fit yourself, but has anyone with a new ish RAV (07 onwards) had there’s re-mapped?

I have the 136hp D4D engine.

Am looking towards supachip to do mine but before I take the leap is there anyone out there who has had it done.

Good? Bad? steer clear? Comments Please!!

Thanks

Has anyone had there engine re-mapped? I know that you can buy tuning boxes that you can fit yourself, but has anyone with a new ish RAV (07 onwards) had there’s re-mapped?

I have the 136hp D4D engine.

Am looking towards supachip to do mine but before I take the leap is there anyone out there who has had it done.

Good? Bad? steer clear? Comments Please!!

Thanks

Hi I am pretty certain toyotas cannot be re mapped, however you can have the d4d reliably chipped, if you look at the current topic by parts king (t180 chip tuning from Lindop Toyota) you will get an idea of what can be achieved, both on the T180 + 140 rav, I have a chip on my 07 d4d + would reccomend them highly, if you do a search i have answered many questions about them + if you have any specific questions i will do my best to answer however i am not very technical i just know mine works.. :thumbsup: Stew

Hi there,

My car is standard at the moment but a previous Audi diesel I had was re mapped by super chip and it was brilliant. It went well and I got more mpg, so I can reccommend superchip,,,, although I am leaning towards Lindop Toyotas chip for my Rav.

Regards

NO Denso ECU's can be re-mapped, you must go for a chip kit, we do sell them, Local Hero had his from Lindop Toyota, they can be bought online FROM OUR WEBSITE add the product to the basket and at CHECKOUT please include your vehicle Reg number and model details etc

Kingo :thumbsup:

Hi there,

My car is standard at the moment but a previous Audi diesel I had was re mapped by super chip and it was brilliant. It went well and I got more mpg, so I can reccommend superchip,,,, although I am leaning towards Lindop Toyotas chip for my Rav.

Regards

I can't understand why Audi wouldn't have made it that good in the first place? :S

Hi there,

Regards

I can't understand why Audi wouldn't have made it that good in the first place? :S

The usual answer to this is that manufacturers sell their cars world wide, to operate in different climates,+ with differing qualities of fuel, they also build in huge safeguards, so that you cannot abuse your engine, these "chip" companies exploit those margins to more finely hone your ecu, most of them still stay within the safety peramiters set by the manufacturers, If you google "Tunit" they have a FAQ section which will answer this and a lot of other Questions more clearly than i can, If you look at the 140 rav + 180 rav, other than injection differences, the basic engines are identical, it also allows manufacturers to bring out a 120 bhp vehicle, then 3mths later bring out a super sporty 150bhp version.. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links