Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

St165 Celica Questions

Billybobbooth

ok first of all i have a celica st165 that has 3 bent valves

my budget about 2k

my prob

what is the best thing to do? i can get a rev 2/st185 engine for about £400 or the rev2/st185 head for £200 with everything i need for the swap manifolds ect or i can get a full rev3/st205 rengine clip for 1k everything i need for the swap ecu wire harness turbo the lot just use my gearbox and drive shafts.

reason i has is 1k gets me 235 odd bhp

rev2 engine with new piggyback ecu to remove afm with rev2 head gets me about 210odd bhp cost about 1k

same time will be cluch then anything elts i wanna add, both will have new head gaskets metal uprated and both have new cambelt kits on

rev 3 is in my op better in lesser tuned form but if i then add new turbo can fit a ct20 to a rev2/st185 engine ecu with afm removal and forged pistons then there really isnt much diffrence.

i intend to use a front mount intecooler and remove the air con, or use st205 intercooler as i already have the charge cooler setup, (also the intercooler would come with the engine clip but if going fmic the i can pos get engine price down with out the ic or turbo.

what do people recon?

if i was you i would also get a new water pump on it at the same time,im taking my engine out soon for metal headgasket, clutch, timing belt an waterpump should start it now with the weather being so good but i would rather be out in it than working on it lol

yer water pump will be done, will have new belt, tentioner, pully water pump and oil pump.

just trying to decide which engine to go for really.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links