Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help On Finding A New Engine

Juliet

Hello - I am a Toyota owner of 5 years. We have a Verso 5/7 seater. It was all going fine until early this year the oil light went on a lot and we have to fill up. We had it fully serviced (40.000 miles) and thought it was sorted. That was 6 weeks ago. 2 weeks ago I was driving alone on M5 with 3 kids and the engine blew up. Long story later it has ended up at Currie motors, Richmond (where it was serviced and bought from) and they say it's nothing to do with them. The car needs new engine which they say is £7500 (more than car is worth I think). I am stuck with a Shell and a massive bill which is not covered by insurance. I am really hoping for some advice on where to get a cheaper new engine and then how to sell the car as I am afraid I am comletely feeling let down by the whole Toyota brand (Toyota GB say they have nothing to offer us to help us - despite saying that the service would never have solved any problem which makes me think that the engine iteslf must have originally been faulty). I know you are all Toyota owners and therefore love the brand so I am hoping you will help me salvage a very very costly problem. I also need to find solution quickly as it's sitting at Currie Motors who want me to decide what to do. :(

What year and is it petrol or diesel?

There was an issue with 1.8 petrol VVTi's which led to a number of recalls and engine replacements in some cases.

Are two topics about the same thing a kind of off topic, Damn your right, quick lets tidy it.

Hello - I am a Toyota owner of 5 years. We have a Verso 5/7 seater. It was all going fine until early this year the oil light went on a lot and we have to fill up. We had it fully serviced (40.000 miles) and thought it was sorted. That was 6 weeks ago. 2 weeks ago I was driving alone on M5 with 3 kids and the engine blew up. Long story later it has ended up at Currie motors, Richmond (where it was serviced and bought from) and they say it's nothing to do with them. The car needs new engine which they say is £7500 (more than car is worth I think). I am stuck with a shell and a massive bill which is not covered by insurance. I am really hoping for some advice on where to get a cheaper new engine and then how to sell the car as I am afraid I am comletely feeling let down by the whole Toyota brand (Toyota GB say they have nothing to offer us to help us - despite saying that the service would never have solved any problem which makes me think that the engine iteslf must have originally been faulty). I know you are all Toyota owners and therefore love the brand so I am hoping you will help me salvage a very very costly problem. I also need to find solution quickly as it's sitting at Currie Motors who want me to decide what to do. :(

I am a bit of an amateur but it's registration is WP54 and I think it's therefore 5 years old. it is petrol

I would go back to Toyota GB as the 1.8 VVTi Petrol's were developing an oil burning problem which Toyota were rectifying.

As you were having to fill up with oil a lot it sounds like this may be the issue with your engine.

Don't let Toyota GB fob you off as they know about this problem!

:thumbsup:

I would go back to Toyota GB as the 1.8 VVTi Petrol's were developing an oil burning problem which Toyota were rectifying.

As you were having to fill up with oil a lot it sounds like this may be the issue with your engine.

Don't let Toyota GB fob you off as they know about this problem!

:thumbsup:

We have written to CEO, and spoken to head of customer service and they say there's nothing they can do. They are doing their level best to fob us off. who else can help us? Any views on getting a new engine?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links