Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cd Head Unit And Changer

Calisto

:wacko::help: Hi ppl. I am looking to purchase a cd player and cd changer There are soooo many out there I dont know where to start!!!!

Anybody have any advice on where to begin.

Thanks Ash.

You need to narrow down what you want :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Such as:

What's your budget?

Are you planning to expand your system later?

Are you looking for Sound Quality or General Listening?

Are you planning to change all your audio in your car, or adding new parts to your current system?

Just a few qusetions for you to start with, to give us some idea of what your looking for.

Bing

:thumbsup:

Are you ready?

My Budget is 200 quid tops.

I am not looking to add any subs or amps.

Sorry to say but I generally listen to Guns n Roses, so I would like a bit of bass and good sound quality without distortion as the volume goes up.

What about Speakers and tweeters?

Ok...this sounds like your on a very tight budget then... :(

Right, when you say that your budget is £200, is that for all your system (eg, cd, changer, speakers) or just for the CD & Changer?

Unless you got something like 20 odd CD's your going to carry around, i think the CD H/U itself would be a good start, changer you could add on later when you have more money.

I'm a prime example for this, had a single CD H/U for years (last count, 9yrs), only in the last six months i decided to get a changer, and i still change the CD's in the H/U, the only reason i got a changer, was for MP3 music as my current H/U didn't support it.

Something else for you to think about as well. :thumbsup:

What car have you got as well?

Speakers wise...ok

Depending on your car, i think coaxial Speakers would be fine for you, and perhaps a bass tube to help with the bass, less effort for the Speakers, and more bass from the tube.

People think getting the biggest speakers, will get loads of bass from it, far from it, it tends to overwork the speaker, and fry it in the process.

Most speakers work well within a certain range for the sound spectrum, from what you can hear should be within 20Hz - 20Khz, 20Hz is what bass speakers should do, 20Khz is for the tweeters. Overworking your speakers produces poor results, and in the end sounds crap.

6x9 on the parcel shelf could be a good help for you as well, but might lack a certain amount of bass from it, and the sound is from the rear of the car, than at the front of the car. Not many cars can fit a 6x9 in the door panels!!

Get back to me about this so far, and next we shall look at different brands.

Bing

:thumbsup:

Thanks for getting back to me. :thumbsup:

I myself have a toyota celica 1991 auto.( The love of my life.)

I already have a Clarion dxz838rmp 53w x 4. With Kenwood Speakers and tweeters. But I am looking to get my Clarion CD changer at a later date.I am thinking about a small bass and amp.

I am looking for the gear for my Dads car. A Honda Civic LSI 1.4.

He already has a Sony H/U and I have been asking around for a cd changer that is compatable with it but apparently there is nothing.

The whole 200 quid will b 4 the h/u and changer. We are not going near anything to do with mp3.

Very greatfull for your advice man-bing and any one else who would like to contribute to the above disscusion.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links