Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Petition Help

borodaz

hi all, i would be very gratefull if i could get some signitaures for this petition. this petition is going to 10 downing street.

we are hoping to get some help from the government with my works current crisis, my work place is Corus based in middlesbrough also known as TCP (teeside cast products). we are currently roughly half way through our 90 day consultation period and things are not looking good.

for those who do not know, TCP had a 10 year deal with a group of buyers called the consortium, the consortium buy steel from TCP then sell this steel in the open market. this consortium decided to pull out recently leaving TCP in trouble and decided they were not going to buy anymore steel from TCP.

now the government has decided to help but we need to put a deal together with interested buyers. the consortium have apparantly decided to re-open talks with TCP, so hopefully with all your help we can get the deal progressed.

almost 3000 jobs are at risk here so all help would be appreciated, plus i hope i aint spent all this time explainging for nothing so get the petition signed hahaha

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/SaveCorus/#detail

Funny (not haha) as I was talking to the guy who runs a metal fabricating business next door to my office about the situation at Corus this morning

Signed ... fingers crossed it helps :thumbsup:

Was going to sign, but discovered that I'm not eligible as I live on the Island just across the water from you.

Sorry & the best of luck with your cause :thumbsup:

hi all, i would be very gratefull if i could get some signitaures for this petition. this petition is going to 10 downing street.

we are hoping to get some help from the government with my works current crisis, my work place is Corus based in middlesbrough also known as TCP (teeside cast products). we are currently roughly half way through our 90 day consultation period and things are not looking good.

for those who do not know, TCP had a 10 year deal with a group of buyers called the consortium, the consortium buy steel from TCP then sell this steel in the open market. this consortium decided to pull out recently leaving TCP in trouble and decided they were not going to buy anymore steel from TCP.

now the government has decided to help but we need to put a deal together with interested buyers. the consortium have apparantly decided to re-open talks with TCP, so hopefully with all your help we can get the deal progressed.

almost 3000 jobs are at risk here so all help would be appreciated, plus i hope i aint spent all this time explainging for nothing so get the petition signed hahaha

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/SaveCorus/#detail

goodluck mate iv signed also

hi thanks a lot people, every little helps. i have posted this onto a fish keeping forum i use (ultimate reef), must have had about 27 views and not even 1 reply lol

people dont realise how many local buisnesses will be affected if the steel works close, we have untill the end of august, fingers crossed.

again thanks for all your help :)

hi thanks a lot people, every little helps. i have posted this onto a fish keeping forum i use (ultimate reef), must have had about 27 views and not even 1 reply lol

people dont realise how many local buisnesses will be affected if the steel works close, we have untill the end of august, fingers crossed.

again thanks for all your help :)

Nothing "fishy" about TOC members :lol: We are nice people :unsure: :D

If my company was poorly managed and unprofitable enough to go bust, I'd be right down the dole office with the rest of my workmates. If we all decided to strike, we'd just get fired.

I have delt with the Chorus admin/accounts people, I have never come across a bunch of people so inefficient and disorganised (bar the NHS trusts and councils that I deal with daily, of course).

I'd rather see my taxes going to improving my local roads, hospitals of getting my rubbish collected on time.

No offense!

No offense!

:lol:

Harsh as usual Charlie, but again I agree. ;)

If companies are being run badly, they should fold. Simple.

The government should take note, and be run like a company instead of throwing cash about to middle managers on fixed pension plans.

hold on a minute ! the company aint being run badly.

as i explained the consortium have droped out of their 10 year deal after only 5 years (illegaly), this has nothing to do with how the company is being run, but simply due to the slump in the steel market and the consortium not wanting to take any more steel. if hey had not droped out of this deal we would not be in the situation we are in now, a slight drop in the steel market and they go running, not very good of them after taking hundreds of millions in profit from the previous year.

TCP produces the best special grade steel in the steel market , how can that be the case if we, as you say are..... "run badly" ?

our only downfall at the minute is our price per tonne of steel is slightly higher than the market price due to a raw materials deal (5 year deal) that is due to end in september, from then on we can re-negotiate a raw materials deal and bring the price of steel down.

but we will see what happens, thx for your coments

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links