Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T180 Run Flat Tyres

Paul Maidment

hi all

has anyone had a eureka moment on the worse than awful run flat system

i see the new rav out in august has a repair system rather than run flat, can i remove the run flat system, re-fit the existing tyres and get a repair system

bought the t180 in jan this year its an 06 model, love the car, in my opinion the ride would be better without the run flay system, had puncture, had to take it 30 miles to nearest dealer with right equipment, 3 hours later and £70.00 puncture was repaired, the 3 hours did not include getting there and back that was the time to repair the puncture, few weeks later wifey hit a low kerb while parking at about 3 mph hole in side wall, new tyre and internal run flat ring as they damaged it removing it £330.00 if this is progress then im from the moon

would appreciate any similar experiences/ advice/ ideas dont want to change the car but thats what it is looking like.

If you try the search box on the forum you will find a few other owners experiences and responses to your questions.

Progress... yes it is, if you consider it as a more effective means of extracting money from you! However, remember that you did buy them to start with! :blink:

DaveH

hi all

has anyone had a eureka moment on the worse than awful run flat system

i see the new rav out in august has a repair system rather than run flat, can i remove the run flat system, re-fit the existing tyres and get a repair system

bought the t180 in jan this year its an 06 model, love the car, in my opinion the ride would be better without the run flay system, had puncture, had to take it 30 miles to nearest dealer with right equipment, 3 hours later and £70.00 puncture was repaired, the 3 hours did not include getting there and back that was the time to repair the puncture, few weeks later wifey hit a low kerb while parking at about 3 mph hole in side wall, new tyre and internal run flat ring as they damaged it removing it £330.00 if this is progress then im from the moon

would appreciate any similar experiences/ advice/ ideas dont want to change the car but thats what it is looking like.

Agree it is ridiculous, for peace of mind I have just got myself a spare wheel and tyre (never used) on eBay for £450. Expensive I know, but it gives me a slight peace of mind !

Agree it is ridiculous, for peace of mind I have just got myself a spare wheel and tyre (never used) on Ebay for £450. Expensive I know, but it gives me a slight peace of mind !

Hi Lordy1,

I have done the same but let me know if you ever get a punture. Tempting providence, but the only flat I had in 5 years with my previuos Rav4 2.0l petrol was in my garage!

Guy

Like I've said before, spare wheels are never ever needed until they are, and then you are completely screwed if you don't have one.

few weeks later wifey hit a low kerb while parking at about 3 mph hole in side wall, new tyre and internal run flat ring as they damaged it removing it £330.00

Contact Toyota GB customer services, they will refund you the price of the support ring if you've been charged for it due to dealer damage :thumbsup:

They refunded me in 2007 when it happened to me! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Have already used my spare-thanks to a dislodged storm drain cover slicing through my side wall- New tyre £193!!

Does any one know if the new wheel has to programmed/registered into the cars system ?

As I was still getting the run flat warning sign on-though now for some reason its decided to go off now !

Regards

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links