Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T Sport Tyre Recommendations

morgie

Hi all,

Looks like I have a slow leak on one of my back tyres (currently Dunlop Sport 3000's). The tread is getting low so I'm thinking I'll switch the front Goodyear Eagles (NCT5) to the back and purchase some new for the front. I'm interested in any tyre recommendations you guys may have.

Cheers!

Majority of us actually use Toyo Proxes T1R's.

I love 'em.

had them on my 18's ever since I got them. Started with 215/35's now using 215/40s for a tad more comfort. Road noise aint too bad and they grip well in the dryand wet. Not the most expensive either! £103 each for my 18's.

Thanks - I'll keep the Toyos in mind when I contact the garage tomorrow. On the flip side, any to avoid?

i am really satisfied with Pirelli Pzero Nero 215/45/17. The grip at dry and wet street is very good. Low aquaplaning and high steeringaccuracy.

Only bad thing is the durability. I paid in germany for 4 tyres with fitting about 500€ (around 434£)

Thanks for mentioning the Pirellis. I'd already spoken to the garage and confirmed they can get some Toyo Proxes T1R (91v) (195/55R16) for this afternoon. They will charge £90 a tyre including VAT and the £20 fitting. Does this sound reasonable, I'd seen the tyres for ~£70 each online so sounds about right to me.

My other tyres are 87v, and as mentioned these will be 91v - should this make any noticeable difference?

Thanks once more!

Toyo T1R's are a graet tyre, I use them every time now.

try www.blackcircles.com to buy them, you might save a few quid :)

Another one to consider would be the Eagle F1 GSD3's but the downside of these is that they dont mix with other tyres very well. at least that is what I have found in the past.

I believe Kuhmo do a similar design to the T1R also which gets good reviews but I have not used them.

Thanks for mentioning the Pirellis. I'd already spoken to the garage and confirmed they can get some Toyo Proxes T1R (91v) (195/55R16) for this afternoon. They will charge £90 a tyre including VAT and the £20 fitting. Does this sound reasonable, I'd seen the tyres for ~£70 each online so sounds about right to me.

My local garage can do them at £75 fitted....

My local garage can do them at £75 fitted....

I've just called another couple of local garages quoting £103 and £90 per tyre so think I'll have to stick with my first quote. If only Leeds was a little closer!

It's only a few minutes up the motorway.....

:lol:

Bit concerned my current tyre wouldn't make it! :lol: If I could find somewhere online that sold the tyre cheaper I could probably get them to match it, but from what I see £70 seems about right. Is your local garage just particularly cheap on the fitting?

Fitting is £10/tyre.... they're also an authorised Toyo dealer ;)

Thanks all for the advice and thoughts. I've got the Toyos on now so ready for them to live up to the recommendations :thumbsup: .

• 4 weeks later...

anyone used mytyres.co.uk? they do toyo proxies t1rs for 86.4 fully fitted? sound like a bargain to me.

anyone found them cheaper?

camskill.co.uk

toyo T1R for about £50 in 205/55/16, obviously this is sans fitting but stll cheap!

do 205's fit on standard 16" rims? i ask as the car comes with 195'ers stock!!

They do... the stated alternate size for standard alloys is 205/55/16 :thumbsup:

It's also the size i'll be ordering as they are cheaper than 195/55/16 :wacko:

:lol:

ya better availability, and you cant fault having more grip!

seriously, for great tyre prices check camskill.co.uk

they also do cheap whiteline roll bars for our cars (or can source them) i paid £130 inc vat and shipping from camskill, fensport wanted more than £150 shipped2

was thinking about this the other day... the 55 height is a percentage of the width isnt it? or something like that... so if you stuck on 205/55/16 instead of 195/55/16's then the tire would have a higher sidewall?

now i was thinking what would 205/50/16's be like? there will be less sidewall so hopefully less roll... and it might make the car look a bit sportier without having the chunky tires ??

just a thought?

I liked the yokohoma s drive tyres, DONT get nankangs theyre terrible when you put your foot to the floor in the wet its very skitty falkens are a good fairly cheap tyre

was thinking about this the other day... the 55 height is a percentage of the width isnt it? or something like that... so if you stuck on 205/55/16 instead of 195/55/16's then the tire would have a higher sidewall?

now i was thinking what would 205/50/16's be like? there will be less sidewall so hopefully less roll... and it might make the car look a bit sportier without having the chunky tires ??

just a thought?

Other peeps on here have had that size and commented that they always looked flat...

Plus for anybody on standard suspension a lower profile would make the gap in the wheel arch bigger! :lol:

yeah it is quite a big gap i supose... im lowered 35mm on PI springs though...

hmm i dont know what to do .... might gamble on the 50 profile

I've Toyos all round, do you guys not find they scrub on the front side walls pretty bad though with the 195/55/16?

I think its probably because I have the 4x4 suspension setup and lean into corners more than I would with some firmer lower suspension.

Wouldnt say Toyos are good on smooth tarmac in the wet, the tread pattern has nothing to grip onto. What they do love though is the roads that use the rougher grained sufaces which are usually used on your standard A/B roads, doesnt matter if its wet or not then as the tread digs right into the road.

can u define what u mean by "scrub" on the front side walls pretty badly?

would 205's make any difference?

Sure, I posted a picture but its a little blurry. (sorry tyres are a little dirty)

The very outside edge of the tyre where the tread ends, you can see where the rubber has made contact with the road and it looks scuffed and a little worn. Its not a tracking issue as i've had that done 8 months ago, so I put it down to a body roll and a soft tyre wall.

So i'm trying a higher PSI (36ish) in the fronts at the moment to sort it out, wish I could comment on the 205s, but I think i'll go for that size next time around.

post-41177-1249495455_thumb.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links