Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wind Noise - Anyone Been In Back Seats?

Johan007

The wind noise is significant. Is there anyway to reduce this?

Have you considered installing windows visors? Don't know if they'd be helpful, just a thought!

Best regards, Alex

Yeah Ive noticed this as well, its also hundred times bumpier than in the front!

Interesting. But since I drive my auris from the front seat ;) and I do not guest seat people in the back very often, I don't really mind.

But at the same time we have an anwser to auris' back window getting dirty very much - the aerodynamics is not the best here. The airflow in the back isn't optimised, so we get a noise + dirt.

its also hundred times bumpier than in the front!
yeah I noticed that too.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought it was just back seat passengers being moany but then I tried it and its probably bumpier in the back than my previously lowered clios! And yet not harsh at all in the front! Must be to do with being in the middle of the wheelbase in the front and basically on top of the rear wheels in the back.

I dont think the boot gets any dirtier than golfs etc etc.

I dont think the boot gets any dirtier than golfs etc etc.

Was driving Nissan Primera Wagon last week. Drove at the motorway, approx. 100km/h. On my Auris I'd have to had my wiper on and in fast mode (continuously up and down), but in Primera the glass did not even get wet. After approx. 15 minutes of driving (it was raining very hard) the glass started to get wet but only from it's bottom to the half. The top part stayed dry. I don't know what would've happened next as the rain stopped and the glass went dry and clean after about 15 minutes of driving on dry motorway!

Best regards, Alex

The cw of the Auris is only 0.29. That's why the consumption is so low at higher velocity (with my engine the avarage is ~5,6 l/100km on highway) Who cares about the dirty on the back :yahoo:

I DO!! Because I don't drive very much so the consumption isn't so important to me, the difference is so small on short journeys. But then it's not nice when you drive to the shop and back and your car's back is allready dirty!

Best regards, Alex

Yeah Ive noticed this as well, its also hundred times bumpier than in the front!

To bad that rear suspension isn't a litle bit softer. I think its all about the coil springs. Can we do something about that? Its one of things that makes ride on auris verry unpleasant. I am wondering how is the ride on lowered auris.

The ride in the back is not hard... just bouncy!

If you do a small 90 degree tern you notice the car wobble at the back (maybe not the T180). Increased tyre pressure in the back to 34psi helped reduce this but the ride in the back predictably a little harder and bouncy.

Yes, u may be right, but is anything we can do about it? Any idea would be verry appreciated. Maybe i´m asking to much but i would do anything to smoothen the ride a litle bit. Don't tell me to change the car.

Some different, softer tyres maybe?

Best regards, Alex

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links