Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2.2 Dcat Engine

boozehound

Does anyone know were i can get either a full engine breakdown/schematics for the T180/SR180 engine? A list of exactly what parts it uses etc, maybe parts king can help? I want to understand better how the engine works. Im fascinated by it

I cannot see how even parts king will be able to help. If you want to find out how it worksin detail , you'll need the detailed design specs, operation manuals etc... the closest a dealer will have will be the parts catalogue ( which is just a drawing and a part number, and a workshop manual which tells you how to replace and check parameters... using telemetry , and inspection tools available at the dealer. )

items such as re-generation of the DPF, etc will not be explained in enough detail in workshop manuals...

I have found these videos giving an overview of the technology...

, it is quite good

this might give you a bit better overview how it works.

In terms of components it is the same as any engine, crank, piston, valves, injectors, turbo, DPF, intake, etc, etc... it is the electronics material spec, and the toyota "know-how" and suppliers know-how that make it perform and i bet you will not find out unless you work in the design centre of toyota...

That's a good find. Explains the 2.2 D-CAT system well.

Hi

Sorry I have only just seen this thread

As mentioned above, I cant really help you to understand how the engine works, but can direct you to the TECHDOC WEBSITE where you can download and print all the relevant technical info for a small fee if that helps. That way you are getting the full technical aspect, even though it wont tell you how things work.

Kingo :thumbsup:

tht video really helps thanks :D although it describes the 126hp version of the engine, parts king, do you know how much the actual turbo costs for the 2.2 dcat engine? wouldnt mind ordering one off you

• 2 weeks later...

no i havent blown it, i would just like one so ican put it on a shelf in my room, and maybe dissassemble it and see inside it, i want to really appreciate the parts of my cars engine that hauls my ***** round places

£1375 delivered........how many would you like :lol:

wow, i didnt think they were tht much lol. how much with the vat off parts king?

£1375 divided by 1.15 = £1195.65

I know me sums :D:

You can pick up old T25s for under £50 from the scrappies if you look carefully. Just buy the cheapest old turbo you can, the basic engineering is the same.

parts king do u have any that are worthless? IE holes in em or just nakered ones lol as long as they come from a t180/sr180 engine?

parts king do u have any that are worthless? IE holes in em or just nakered ones lol as long as they come from a t180/sr180 engine?

Sorry no I dont

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links