Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lambda/o2/oygen Sensors

xenodrew

After having read a lot of posts (an awful lot of posts), on a lot of forums, on the subject of sensors & usually with reasons why not to opt for non pattern parts - I had to bite the bullet and get all four for our Rav4. Got them from Dingbro.

Same part numbers as the OE, same fittings, same manufacturer (Denso).

Everything running fine - sailed through its emissions at the last MOT test . . . which was six months and quite a few miles ago.

So this is just a heads up to say that, for this issue, there is an alternative to OE parts and the disturbing prices that Mr T will charge.

Take it easy! :thumbsup:

Doh . . . !

OSF = £33.08

NSF = £33.08

OSR = £25.20

NSR = £36.52

NB Dingbro is trade only, for those who haven't use them before, and they where purchased/fitted in June so they may be a wee tiny bit dearer

Compared to £150, plus the rest, a pop from Mr T, for something that was changed faster then her indoors could bring a coffee down to the garage!

Makes you weep doesn't it . . . I mean how long some people take to make a latte!

• 1 year later...

Doh . . . !

OSF = £33.08

NSF = £33.08

OSR = £25.20

NSR = £36.52

NB Dingbro is trade only, for those who haven't use them before, and they where purchased/fitted in June so they may be a wee tiny bit dearer

Have the MIL light on and codes relating to Bank 1/Sensor 2 and Bank 2/Sensor 2

Spoke to Dingbro and that means nothing to them, which 2 is it I'm going to need, NSR and OSF or is that off the mark.

Also on price, they are quite a bit higher than you have mentioned, they told me they have never ever sold them for such a low price.

Do different branches have different margins etc?

£35 for Denso sensors? Damn cheap! Cheapest I've seen is World Car Parts at £75-85 depending on which sensor you need.

quick heads up - you may not have noticed that this thread is 2 years old . . . probably explains the price!

Well aware of the date....and rate of inflation for that matter :)

The guy did say they have NEVER sold them at this price, not even previously, hence my question on pricing at different branches?

Called another branch and they were cheaper, not by a huge amount...seems they must have different mark ups

Found that too but usually it's quite marginal with dealers and they offer different discounts, just the prices above seem way low in comparsion even given the time scale and the two prices I got were a bit apart too, just wondering if the OP was to price them up again at whatever branch he used then how much of an increase there was.

regardless of the information you're getting about pricing I'd advise you to bite the bullet and get the sensors replaced as the mpg achieved with faulty sensors will plummet!

In no hurry to be honest, car not really getting used at the moment, does it not depend what is actually up with them anyway that has a bearing on the MPG.

regardless of the information you're getting about pricing I'd advise you to bite the bullet and get the sensors replaced as the mpg achieved with faulty sensors will plummet!

This. Instant drop to about 23mpg because the fuelling won't go closed loop. Left unchecked the cats can be damaged. Denso units from worldcarparts or eBay and a decent o2 sensor socket from eBay.

Yes Cat be bigger concern to me over MPG, what I did notice on the couple runs used it since light came on was that it can cut out on you when you engage the clutch when coming upto a junction or slowing down.

Which ones is it going to be that need changing

if memory serves the timing chain side is bank one and front and rear refers to top and bottom as you look into the engine bay. Sure I found out about sensor orientation from the forum here myself

You can definetly do the job with a combination spanner - save your pennies as you'll probably use a spanner again before a sensor socket.

Five minute job if all goes well.

Did search but couldn't confirm 100%

Might have a 22mm o2 socket, if not can borrow one, didn't think it was advise to try using a spanner

5 min job...is it ever :)

Think have it sussed now, top 2 are both sensor 1 so in my case it would appear the bottom 2 are the culprits.

However on reading someone mentioned there is a ECU update and that can flag the issue too

Think have it sussed now, top 2 are both sensor 1 so in my case it would appear the bottom 2 are the culprits.

However on reading someone mentioned there is a ECU update and that can flag the issue too

It's usually the heater coils that go.

Use your multimeter to measure the resistance between the two black wires. Expect about 4 Ohms for the top two and 15 Ohms for the bottom two for DENSO units. Open circuit = Fail.

It's usually the heater coils that go.

Use your multimeter to measure the resistance between the two black wires. Expect about 4 Ohms for the top two and 15 Ohms for the bottom two for DENSO units. Open circuit = Fail.

Yes it's heater circuit that comes up on the diagnostics,

You heard of this.......I have a 2002 rav4 and there was a recall to reflash the ecu. The problem was that the check engine light would come on giving a code o2 sensor malfunctioning. You might want to look into that. U had the same problem and I was about to go and change the O2 sensor when i got to recall in the mail.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links