Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

P0420 Erros Code With Nerw Magnaflow Metallioc Cat.

tutinet

Hi All !

First from motor is Celica T23 Gt's exhaust manifold behind Magnaflow metallic cat and 2.5 " tube, TSPORT mid pipe and Corolla T-SPORT tube and Corolla T-SPORT muffler.

have you had the error code read ?

its most probably that new cat youve put on , as its lets restrictive the ecu is thinking there is something wrong .

easiest thing to do is try and get a spacer (nut) between the sensor and and the hole of the cat , so in other words fix the sensor to a position that is closer to the inside wall of the cat ,so its not picking up as much exhaust flow.

that fault is cat efficiency below threshold as said above id say the easiest way round it is to bring the rear lambda sensor away from the exhaust gases, the ecu has probably detected too much switching going on in the second sensor because of the performance cat letting more unburnt fuel/emmissions through as its less restrictive so the lambda reads a high content because the cat cant burn it all away and throws a wobbly and puts the check light on, if moving it out don't work then you could try a cat/mil eliminator which is basicaly a small resistor that fools the ecu into thinking that the signal being sent is correct, the only sure fire way to stop it happening is to have the lambda mapped out :thumbsup:

that fault is cat efficiency below threshold as said above id say the easiest way round it is to bring the rear lambda sensor away from the exhaust gases, the ecu has probably detected too much switching going on in the second sensor because of the performance cat letting more unburnt fuel/emmissions through as its less restrictive so the lambda reads a high content because the cat cant burn it all away and throws a wobbly and puts the check light on, if moving it out don't work then you could try a cat/mil eliminator which is basicaly a small resistor that fools the ecu into thinking that the signal being sent is correct, the only sure fire way to stop it happening is to have the lambda mapped out :thumbsup:

this is what i meant ,but i typed in a retarded way lol

My engine was built 4ZZFE this was 1400 ccm.

2 years ago my engine rebuilded : swapped crankshaft with rods with owns bearings. Pistons is still 4ZZ pistons,,,, that the compression was higher kb. 11.85:1.

I use the 98 octans fuel (nort the 95 octane) and i plan the E85 ethanol fuel.

I use Greddy Emanage Ultimate.

I have a Celica T23 intake manifold and Celica T23 exhaust manifold too.

if you are using g reddy e manage why dont you have the lambda sensors mapped out or the map adjusted to suit the new performance cat?

if you are using g reddy e manage why dont you have the lambda sensors mapped out or the map adjusted to suit the new performance cat?

How ?

I am not a programmer, my friend programmed my greddy. Full ignition and injektor maps. (95 and 98 octane fuel)

take it somewhere with a rolling road and that does ECU remaps and ask them to remap your ECU to suit the new upgrade

sounds cool though what is the BHP?

That back box is huuuge!! That way to restrictive if your hoping to get power from the exhaust system. As you said it's the original T-Sport backbox, we get good gains if backbox removed for less restrictive :thumbsup:

With the regards to the ECU light what the other guys say is correct. I too get the light as I run a 200cell sports cat I have a spacer but have not yet fitted but I thought it's the front sensor you fit too?!?!

I thought it's the front sensor you fit too

the first lambda just reads the gases as they come out of the engine so the lambda after the cat has something to compare to make sure the cat is working correctly

That back box is huuuge!! That way to restrictive if your hoping to get power from the exhaust system. As you said it's the original T-Sport backbox, we get good gains if backbox removed for less restrictive

totally agree why have the manifold, sports cat and then have it standard from there back? at the least id remove the centre box

I thought it's the front sensor you fit too

the first lambda just reads the gases as they come out of the engine so the lambda after the cat has something to compare to make sure the cat is working correctly

That back box is huuuge!! That way to restrictive if your hoping to get power from the exhaust system. As you said it's the original T-Sport backbox, we get good gains if backbox removed for less restrictive

totally agree why have the manifold, sports cat and then have it standard from there back? at the least id remove the centre box

I have original TSport centre box. It is trouble ?????

With Less power ????

But I dont want too loud...

MY Center BOX.

image-283E_4D814D9A.jpg

That back box is huuuge!! That way to restrictive if your hoping to get power from the exhaust system. As you said it's the original T-Sport backbox, we get good gains if backbox removed for less restrictive :thumbsup:

With the regards to the ECU light what the other guys say is correct. I too get the light as I run a 200cell sports cat I have a spacer but have not yet fitted but I thought it's the front sensor you fit too?!?!

Dear Bridges!

My car was 97 Ps, after the engine rebuilt it was 130-140 Ps. The Tsport engine is 192 Ps and I think my car is good choice the original Tsport centere and back muffler.

Not ?

Do you think ?

yeah its ok but if you were to get the rest of the exhaust made with a straight through centre section and a decent rear box and then get your ecu remapped to suit theres no reason you wouldn't get 145/150 ps just dont go over excessive with the bore as you need to keep good back pressure

yeah its ok but if you were to get the rest of the exhaust made with a straight through centre section and a decent rear box and then get your ecu remapped to suit theres no reason you wouldn't get 145/150 ps just dont go over excessive with the bore as you need to keep good back pressure

Ok, what should I do for the best result ???

id get the rest of the exhaust system then get the g reddy remaped :thumbsup: for the best results and while your getting a remap get them to sort the lambda sensors out

id get the rest of the exhaust system then get the g reddy remaped :thumbsup: for the best results and while your getting a remap get them to sort the lambda sensors out

+1

You could leave the centre section alone as it's not that restrictive and by putting a straight pipe there you could loose back pressure but that muffler needs to go even if yiu get a custom oval and not round IE

Oval

ImportedPhotos00026-1.jpg

Round

DSC_0044.jpg

Well up to you buddy. But if you keep the mid section and get a big oval muffler like the 1st pic i think you'll have a nice subtle rasp :thumbsup:

You could leave the centre section alone as it's not that restrictive and by putting a straight pipe there you could loose back pressure but that muffler needs to go even if yiu get a custom oval and not round IE

Oval

ImportedPhotos00026-1.jpg

Round

DSC_0044.jpg

OMG i reconise the first backbox, it was on the back of my car although now its sitting in my garage lol

the centre section is an absorption type resonator its just a straight throgh pipe anyways so wont create much back pressure, absorption mufflers cancel out high frequency sounds, its the rear box that creates the most back pressure as its a baffled type box with cancels out the lovely deep low frequency notes :thumbsup: loose the centre section and use the same diameter piping as oe and then get a decent baffled box thats not quite as big as the t sport box if you worried about the noise

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links