Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New T Sport

Phil01

My newly acquired TS before any mods carried out, only owned for two weeks now and very happy with it

post-108259-0-96455600-1305638910_thumb.

post-108259-0-74056700-1305638945_thumb.

post-108259-0-74403300-1305639290_thumb.

After a few mods with-in the first week, just waiting for the 40mm drop springs to arrive any day now.

Today after track day in Pits at Brands

DSC_0080.jpg

Vacuum storage tank that should be fitted after an induction kit has been fitted, most owners leave this on the removed top filter housing.

DSC_0102.jpg

DSC_0079.jpg

DSC_0077.jpg

Strut brace, red silicone vacuum piping, Home fabricated K&N filter, painted engine cover and unique Kanji plaque

DSC_0101.jpg

Obligatory JDM Crazy Mad Cow sticker

DSC_0100.jpg

Painted body colour front lip with centre section painted black to give it a more aggressive mouth.

DSC_0104.jpg

Vacuum tank that must be fitted after an induction mod,

DSC_0108.jpg

DSC_0107.jpg

Me likey the intake and strut brace - look very nice. Like the subtle colour coding on the engine cover aswell. Not sure about the drift cow on a front wheel drive car though. Good work :thumbsup:

Nice colour mate, same as mine, it's quite rare round my way,

liking the front bumper gives it a better look

Me likey the intake and strut brace - look very nice. Like the subtle colour coding on the engine cover aswell. Not sure about the drift cow on a front wheel drive car though. Good work :thumbsup:

Thanks for comments, Mad cow was more for the daughter as she just loves the simple line art graphics,

Strut brace £39 from Hong Kong seller on eBay, £6 postage and was here in 7 days, ordered 40mm drop springs on same day from Leeds and still waiting,

Looking good Phil!!

Nice mods and the cow was more appropriate on your IS300!!

At last, at 5pm bright shiny red parcel force van delivered my 40mm drop springs, out with the trolley jack and two axle stands and 2hrs 20mins later all four corners had been dropped.

Only problem I had was those stupid 17mm head nut and bolts on rear shock absorber, they were so bl00dy tight one broke my snap-on breaker bar, other than that a very straight forward job.

pics too follow as started to rain just as I was packing up.

small update with pics,

Luckily this afternoon I managed to grab a few hrs track testing at Brands, Car felt so much more confident and composed at high speeds but still not happy with the cornering ability, so back to the pits and quickly dialled in a bit more negative camber on the front by replacing the lower adjusting bolts, now felt a lot more sharper with better turn in and a lot less understeer. Happy with the outcome with such a small inexpensive mod.

That just leaves me now to find some stiffer front/rear anti-roll bars as it needs to feel a little bit more planted as your hit the corner due to slight body roll and weight transfer.

This is how the ride height should have left the factory, not sitting on stilts,,

DSC_0008-1.jpg

DSC_0011-1.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

looking good mate :thumbsup: i think monkey wrench racing will be able to help your ARB needs. honestly what is the ride like with that drop??? as im still in two minds i really want a 35/40 drop but the little one may disagree and ill just have to get f/l springs. cheers

So surprised the ride is not choppy or hard at all, at the worst I would say you notice a mall bounce on some road surfaces but really nothing at all to worry about.

Do you really only want F/L 15mm drop??, after all the work of changing I doubt if you will be happy with the look and still think it sits high.

I personally think the absolute minimum you want drop is 35mm f/r and I would prefer 40mm rear and 35mm front that would make the stance/levelness of the car spot on.

Double posts, haha

no dont want it at all :crybaby: still way to high! hmm thanks for the opinion mate. fk do a 35/40 drop going to email them now me thinks and see if the will give me the spring rates as ive heard they are quite hard :thumbsup:

i have those FK springs but not got them fitted yet cus im skint. the reviews on other cars are pretty good. Amazon do them for like £60 shipped

yeah i read that they were pretty good and a lot of the v dub/ audi drivers use them so they cant be that bad and the price just cant be beaten and i have emailed them asking some questions just waiting to hear back

if you fancy giving it a go yourself

lowering guide

:thumbsup:

New Khan Racing alloys fitted yesterday

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

Info PCD 4x100

et 38-42 (offset)

Hub size 54.1mm

205/40/17

• 2 weeks later...

Fitted Double Din HU and fitted scangauge in centre console pocket, red led footwell lighting in passenger side,

drivers side to be fitted today when I remove lower dash to install an engine start button in place of the cigarette lighter

Also fitted red stitched leather gear lever gaitor,

DSC_0036-1.jpg

DSC_0038-1.jpg

Also ordered today from eBay a reverse camera to link into HU, when you select reverse gear the image will display on the screen, it fits nicely in a removed number plate light

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CCD-REVERSE-REAR-VIEW-PARKING-CAMERA-FR-TOYOTA-COROLLA-/230590828738?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35b048d0c2#ht_5443wt_975

Fitted Double Din HU and fitted scangauge in centre console pocket, red led footwell lighting in passenger side,

drivers side to be fitted today when I remove lower dash to install an engine start button in place of the cigarette lighter

Also fitted red stitched leather gear lever gaitor,

DSC_0036-1.jpg

DSC_0038-1.jpg

Also ordered today from ebay a reverse camera to link into HU, when you select reverse gear the image will display on the screen, it fits nicely in a removed number plate light

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CCD-REVERSE-REAR-VIEW-PARKING-CAMERA-FR-TOYOTA-COROLLA-/230590828738?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35b048d0c2#ht_5443wt_975

Looks nice mate.... Is that one of those xtron double dins that they have on eBay?

I quite fancy one. What's the sound quality and sat nav like ect?

What was it like to fit, straight in? could we have some better close up pics please?

sorry for all the questions.

Whats the Scangauge that you have fitted mate ? :thumbsup:

Ive also got a scan gauge, got it mounted in the cubby hole between the drivers door and steering wheel, there quite useful - gives you loads of information.

How did you wire in the footwell lights?

Have you done something to your front brake callipers? Have you changed them or have you just painted them? (I see some writing on them with white letters). Can you please get a close up photo?

Thanx!

Another little mod fitted tonight,

Illuminated "Toyota" ellipsoidal,

Wire to come on with side lights

DSC_0042.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0044.jpg

DSC_0048.jpg

Think I will order a red one for the rear,

What do you guys reckon??

I will answer all the above questions and take close up pics very shortly,

Not got much time tonight

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links