Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

B9004 - Microphone And Connectors

misko903

hello RAVers,

i have bought a toyota oem B9004 nav unit (4.3), but without wiring. does anyone knows where i can get the connector - its part # and which micro (impedance) can i use there?

i think if it is available by toyota together, it will be expensive. so i am thinking about do it my own. maybe i can use another wiring from a non-oem bluetooth?

the other connector which i want to have is the sensor conector (5 pin):

R9 Gray 5 90980-11909 (Sensor signals)

1 Green PKB - Parking Break. This signal is grounded when parking break switch is closed. Floats otherwise.

3 Violet/Red SPD - Generated from the Speedometer. Most likely this is the Vehicle speed sensor pulse line.

5 Red/Yellow REV - Reverse Signal. This signal is tied to +12v when the Park/Neutral switch is closed.

thanks for replyes!

I can probably help you out with a lot of this, but just bear with me, I'm a bit busy to dig out all the info at the moment. Possibly later on in the weekend :thumbsup:

I can probably help you out with a lot of this, but just bear with me, I'm a bit busy to dig out all the info at the moment. Possibly later on in the weekend :thumbsup:

that will be great!

no problem with that, just collecting information. i will start with it after my holiday.

my aim is to make a full working unit from it. i have readed your thread about how to built in a cheap reverse camera also. i want to do it!

OK, as promised:

If you already have a 58827 unit in your vehicle, then 3 of the 5 connectors are already there probably.

A comparison with pin-outs is attached.

On connector labelled E57 you may well get away without the Reverse and hand(park) brake signals. You'll probably want the speed signal as the car position on the map tends to move in large jumps without it connected on these units. You'll need the reverse signal for the camera though, if you fit one.

Don't know about the mic impedance(Z). If the worst came to the worst you could always make a simple op-amp buffer (i.e. High-Z input to low output), to go between the headunit and mic.

Connector part numbers (the connector suppliers part number) can take a lot of detective work, unless you have a direct contact into the connector supplier. Sometimes if you take the unit apart the non-Toyota part number (i.e. the equivalent connector suppliers part number) is on the connector. Then you can then sometimes track the mating half down through connector supplier websites, e.g. Tyco. It can be time consuming though and not always get a result.

I did this with the newer cd-changer connector (which you don't need). Various useful links in this thread:

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=120612&st=0&p=1082267entry1082267

Sometimes the connectors are not available through other sources as they are locked to specific vehicle manufacturers - agreement with connector supplier, car maker and ECU maker. The connector supplier won't let you have access to them without good reason.

Did they b9004 you got have the GPS antenna with it?

b9004Retro.pdf

OK, as promised:

If you already have a 58827 unit in your vehicle, then 3 of the 5 connectors are already there probably.

A comparison with pin-outs is attached.

On connector labelled E57 you may well get away without the Reverse and hand(park) brake signals. You'll probably want the speed signal as the car position on the map tends to move in large jumps without it connected on these units. You'll need the reverse signal for the camera though, if you fit one.

Don't know about the mic impedance(Z). If the worst came to the worst you could always make a simple op-amp buffer (i.e. High-Z input to low output), to go between the headunit and mic.

Connector part numbers (the connector suppliers part number) can take a lot of detective work, unless you have a direct contact into the connector supplier. Sometimes if you take the unit apart the non-Toyota part number (i.e. the equivalent connector suppliers part number) is on the connector. Then you can then sometimes track the mating half down through connector supplier websites, e.g. Tyco. It can be time consuming though and not always get a result.

I did this with the newer cd-changer connector (which you don't need). Various useful links in this thread:

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=120612&st=0&p=1082267entry1082267

Sometimes the connectors are not available through other sources as they are locked to specific vehicle manufacturers - agreement with connector supplier, car maker and ECU maker. The connector supplier won't let you have access to them without good reason.

Did they b9004 you got have the GPS antenna with it?

b9004Retro.pdf

wow, great info!

yes, i have 3 connectors from the old radio unit (they are connected). the seller provided me a cutted GPS connector without antenna, so i have buyed gps antenna for less than 10 euro. i was trying to look for the connectors in tyco webpage, but it is impossible, as i am not electrician. so the easyest way will be probably ordering it directly from toyota. which price can i expect?

i dont know what is op-amplifier exactly, but i hope i can get it from eBay also :) (maybe together with mic?)

after a holiday (almost 1 month), i will try to get them, i will inform you. thanks for that usefull pdf, there are all the infos which i need.

btw, there is someone trying to replace a dvd unit for the maps with CF card on other forum. if he will be successfull, we will be able to load new maps ...

the other question - i have a problem, that my nav tell me that the turn will be in 400 metres, second time it is directly on the curve. it is a bit stupid, as i want to know it 50 metres before at least. is it a feature of the nav, or it is just because i dont have my speed sensor connected?

so the easyest way will be probably ordering it directly from toyota. which price can i expect?

Probably 10 times more than buying the connector Shell and crimps, assuming you can get the connector from Toyota.

it is a bit stupid, as i want to know it 50 metres before at least. is it a feature of the nav, or it is just because i dont have my speed sensor connected?

Yes, almost certainly due to wheel speed signal not being attached. I though that satnav model gave quite a smooth distance count down bar to the turn :unsure: Odd really, any other sat nav, without wheel speed input would cope with it, but I guess they assume the speed signal is there and rely more on that.

Yes, almost certainly due to wheel speed signal not being attached. I though that satnav model gave quite a smooth distance count down bar to the turn :unsure: Odd really, any other sat nav, without wheel speed input would cope with it, but I guess they assume the speed signal is there and rely more on that.

i saw the scheme of the SPD sensor. i will try to disconnect it from one connector, will try to tape it around (i am afraid of touching the other pins) and will try to connect it to the sensor plug without connector today or tomorrow (toyota!).

[EDIT]

done!

i disconnected the pin SPD from the 58827 connector and i have connected it directly to sensor (SPD) plug on my B9004 without original connector :rolleyes: . i have tested it under B9004 test mode. seems to be working! YEAH!!! thanks for schema.

now i have realised, that i really dont need the orignal connectors. i will buy any connector, i will dismantle it, take out the metal part, add it to wire and i will plug it directly to unit. it will be much cheaper. the only risk is, that there will be short between connectors, but before i will tape it.

so the only thing now is to get the right camera and mic from eBay. but now i am leaving to holiday, will be back in one month. hope iceland will not bury me...

THANKS one more time! :thumbsup:

Edited by misko903

• 4 weeks later...

hello again shcm,

so i'm back from holiday B)

i have read your topic about mounting the reverse camera. http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=69610

did you used aftermarket cheap camera from eBay? which one, or which parameters should the camera have?

is this one suitable?

http://cgi.ebay.de/REAR-VIEW-Ruckfahrkamera-TOYOTA-RAV4-RAV-4-RAV-4-/250778497653?pt=Auto_TFT_Monitore&hash=item3a63903275

what about that bluetooth microphone? i am not an electrician, so which one should i use?

i am really excited about mounting it :drool:

thanks a lot!

miso

• 2 weeks later...

Both PAL and NTSC cameras work, but some consider NTSC a better picture on this unit. The head unit supplies 6V for the camera, or you can take 12V from something like the reversing lights. You'll want a reversed image camera. It's all in the pinned hints and tips:

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=72730

I replied to the microphone comment here:

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=124287&view=findpost&p=1129585

Both PAL and NTSC cameras work, but some consider NTSC a better picture on this unit. The head unit supplies 6V for the camera, or you can take 12V from something like the reversing lights. You'll want a reversed image camera. It's all in the pinned hints and tips:

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=72730

I replied to the microphone comment here:

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=124287&view=findpost&p=1129585

thanks The guru :arabia:! today my camera has arrived, so i want to start to try it ASAP... i will post the results, bad or good :rolleyes:

EDIT: On thursday i have connected it succesfully!!! it is NTSC cam with reference line. works great, after i reverse, the video is displayed after about half of second.

i have connected also the HAND BRAKE signal (tested under testing mode), but it make no sense (i havent seen nothing, at least).

i want to connect also the BACK DOOR COURTESY signal, but i dont want to connect it from the back of the car. is it possible to track the signal up to the dash? is it possible to see it in EWD?

If someone is interested, i am adding the tundra navigation installation instructions. they have included the TESTING MODE inside the manual. maybe it helps for someone...

2007TundraPremium.pdf

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links