Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Trouble With Cold Starting And Strange Sound

avensis_toyota

I have Avensis 2005 2.0 D4D 115 KM. Car have a problem with cold engine start it need some time to start. And when it finaly start and I let it running in idle, I can hear inside the car (but outside it is really hard to hear it) some strange banging sound like someone would bang with a small hammer. The sound it is not repeating in the same intervals, but it is different. In summer everything is normal!

I have a new Battery, new glow plugs.

It run similar as this one:

Is there some problems or this is normal or.... ?

Thanks!

Our Verso was doing this last winter, it would also produce a cloud of smoke at the same time and it would not rev up properly for 30 seconds, after this it was ok. The fix was injectors under warranty, fuel was not the issue for us. The car had done 60,000 miles/100,000 Kms at the time.

The car still drove normally but as it was under warranty Mr T changed the parts, the cold exposed the worn injector's.

I have Avensis 2005 2.0 D4D 115 KM. Car have a problem with cold engine start it need some time to start. And when it finaly start and I let it running in idle, I can hear inside the car (but outside it is really hard to hear it) some strange banging sound like someone would bang with a small hammer. The sound it is not repeating in the same intervals, but it is different. In summer everything is normal!

I have a new battery, new glow plugs.

It run similar as this one:

Is there some problems or this is normal or.... ?

Thanks!

hi mate

- test glow plugs;

- test + calibrate all four injectors as they are due to be tested by 60k

all you said + video confirm an over fueling effect with character hummer noise.

Cheers/Igor

hi mate

- test glow plugs;

all you said + video confirm an over fueling effect with character hummer noise.

Cheers/Igor

What do you mean by "calibrate all four injectors"? How is this done - by a Toyota tester unit, pluged into the OBD or you should take them off and use another machine.

hi mate

- test glow plugs;

Cheers/Igor

What do you mean by "calibrate all four injectors"? How is this done - by a Toyota tester unit, pluged into the OBD or you should take them off and use another machine.

no i meant each injector cycle diesel portion and jet quality to be equalized to have an equal load in each cylinder.

cheers

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links