Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Clutch Pedal Sticking

kcummins

hi

my clutch pedal is sticking when its coming up. it comes half way up and half stops and then clicks up fully into place.or sometimes it comes up half way and stops. having a second opinion monday because i feel the mechanic is messing me around.i got a new master cylinder it didnt work.i got a new clutch. i have been told the cylinder by the outside of the gearbox is ok. it has been bleed. nothing has worked.now i have been told the clutch pedal is worn and needs to be replaced.

has anyone had this problem before or know anything about it?

cheers

kelvin

hi

my clutch pedal is sticking when its coming up. it comes half way up and half stops and then clicks up fully into place.or sometimes it comes up half way and stops. having a second opinion monday because i feel the mechanic is messing me around.i got a new master cylinder it didnt work.i got a new clutch. i have been told the cylinder by the outside of the gearbox is ok. it has been bleed. nothing has worked.now i have been told the clutch pedal is worn and needs to be replaced.

cheers

kelvin

Hello, it sounds like you have done the right things to try to cure it but did you check the pedal return springs before you spent all that cash which may be weak or broken.

Regards

Pete.

hi

cheers

kelvin

Hello, it sounds like you have done the right things to try to cure it but did you check the pedal return springs before you spent all that cash which may be weak or broken.

Regards

Pete.

Here is a diagram of the pedal, hope this helps.

Pete.

post-74463-0-46165500-1322948959_thumb.j

cheers for the reply?

the master cylinder completely went.the clutch was at 150 miles so i didnt mind doing it. before the master cylinder went it was fine so i am having another mechanic look at that.any idea if pedal return springs would be expensive?im a student and now i am flat broke at this stage!

and the picture above where did you find that online?

• 1 year later...

Just wondering if you found the solution to this problem?

A similar thing happened to me and it turns out it was the metal pipe from the master cylinder corroding at a joint.

A pin hole leaking fluid allowed the pedal to work normally until you keep your foot on the pedal.

When that happens the pressure inside the system bleeds off and the pedal stays down.

• 2 years later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links