Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Time To Change Brakes Soon

Speed_Chaser

Ok, small update. Got an offer from MTEC. £150 for full set of discs including black protective coating.

Then I got a quote from DCperformance. They are offering Black Diamond for double price + £70 postage. Also have brake pads which cost £75, they are from BD company aswell.

What do you suggest. Is BD really worth it's price? It's not that expensive when I compare it to other companies. It's just MTEC that's cheap :)

Which brake disc style do you suggest? I've got plenty options to choose from. Drilled, slotted, drilled and slotted or dimpled and slotted. I've hear that drilled ones may crack and slotted ones tend to provide more brake dust than the ones without the slots.

for just normal road use I'm sure that you will be happy with MTEC. If you were going racing then BD may be better.

I went grooved (slotted) only & am happy.

Either that or grooved & dimple imo & again imo the black coating is worth it as it keeps the hubs looking good & not rusty.

For some reason I am leaning towards slotted and dimpled too because they are combo discs without the big risk of cracking. I'd be getting holes instead of dimples rather than going slotted only though.

I just heard from one guy who sounded quite confident that grooves do cause more brake dust. But ATM I am not ready to refuse just because of one guy stating such things... :D

well, to quote MTEC "The benefits of grooved brake discs over standard plain discs is that drilled discs can aid in removing dust and gas. Grooved brake discs have shallow channels machined into the disc which can remove gas, water, and de-glaze brake pads."

"The benefits of dimpled and grooved brake discs is that they can aid braking by allowing heat to escape as well as helping to remove gas and water. This combination of dimpled and grooved may help to improve braking performance. Small dimples and shallow channels are machined into the disc"

Other manufacturers say similar.

The amount of brake dust imo will be more affected by choice of pad than by disc.

I really don't know why you want to upgrade your brake discs when you have a 1.6 petrol for the road. There really is no need for grooved/dimpled discs or EBC brakes( Which I've tried and hate) Just fit the OE's or Pagid discs and Pads which I've just fitted to my Auris, had them on previous cars and have the right pedal feel and dont fade. I can't fault them.

I really don't know why you want to upgrade your brake discs when you have a 1.6 petrol for the road. There really is no need for grooved/dimpled discs or EBC brakes( Which I've tried and hate) Just fit the OE's or Pagid discs and Pads which I've just fitted to my Auris, had them on previous cars and have the right pedal feel and dont fade. I can't fault them.

a ) Mr T have told him that his brakes will need replacing

b ) MTEC replacements are probably cheaper & better than oem (they are for an Avensis imo) so why shouldn't he save money (like you did with Pagid) & get an upgrade at the same time ?

Yea I know that probably performance brakes are not needed for this car as much as for some other ones. But sometimes I do feel like I'd need a bit more braking power.

I am not willing to spend a fortune on the upgrade, but am sure that I can get something better without investing too much, as Toyota's original parts are quite expensive. They're not always worth the money.

In case someone's thinking that I'm planning crazy and useless things here, please take a look at this guy. Custom made big brake kit for Auris 1.6. Cost: £2k :D

88cde6cf1c8e8a0f-large.jpg

88cde6cf67a67334-large.jpg

Does anyone know which company is producing brake hoses for UK built Auris? Hose set can be made by Black Diamond if I'll be able to specify the company.

Try HEL - they make excellent brakeline kits. Worked a treat on my tuned Nissan :)

They've got nothing listed for an Auris, so sent them an e-mail.

I tried searching for brake hose manufacturer but spare part shops do offer many brands. Can't say which one makes the original ones.

Yea I know that probably performance brakes are not needed for this car as much as for some other ones. But sometimes I do feel like I'd need a bit more braking power.

I am not willing to spend a fortune on the upgrade, but am sure that I can get something better without investing too much, as Toyota's original parts are quite expensive. They're not always worth the money.

In case someone's thinking that I'm planning crazy and useless things here, please take a look at this guy. Custom made big brake kit for Auris 1.6. Cost: £2k :D

88cde6cf1c8e8a0f-large.jpg

88cde6cf67a67334-large.jpg

Good Grief! They are over the top. He could have bought a better car for what the brakes cost :ermm:

Couldn't agree more. But maybe he was always dreaming of having better car than other people. He doesn't have money for Ferrari though, and even if he had, it wouldn't be unique enough. But now he has an Auris which has better brakes than any other Auris :D That if anything is unique!

Couldn't agree more. But maybe he was always dreaming of having better car than other people. He doesn't have money for Ferrari though, and even if he had, it wouldn't be unique enough. But now he has an Auris which has better brakes than any other Auris :D That if anything is unique!

:cheers:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links