Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota 2.0D4D Head Gasket? Possible 7 Year Warranty?

Akbar2k7

Its my first post I needed some help :driving:

Okay guys I'm posting because my 2007 Toyota Avensis estate has been guzzling coolant/water and I got it checked out by the dealer. Now its not official yet but he said he thinks it is most likely a head gasket issue and ill be hearing from him after he gets in touch with the head office. From the forums I have heard its a somewhat common problem(Correct me if I'm wrong). Now I have also heard that it maybe cover by the 7 year/100k miles extended warranty? just want to see what you guys have to say and If anyone has had similar problems and whether Toyota do actually pay towards repairs.

Yep!... Covered under the 112k 7 year warranty mate!... You'll prob get a new 3/4 engine (approx £6500 worth) free from Mr T... I've had 2 engines fitted to date and some other forum members have had new engines! take a search on both the RAV and Avensis forums and look for the TSB that has been posted many times... Good luck with it mate

Apparently my cars not mixing oil and water, its just using up water very fast it is still most likely a head gasket problem but its been referred to Toyota head office.

I really don't have any cash to spend on repairing it and need the car for my Job(Minicab). FML --> :giljotiini: Even my problems are unlucky.

I think the Toyota gods will bless you with a new engine, and give you a mini taxi as a courtesy car.

The Toyota gods a very generous...... :D

• 3 weeks later...

Turns out they say they are not going to do anything about it and they did not bother properly checking my car. I got it checked and turns out its the 'cylinder head' that's mainly damaged however their is substantial damage on the head gasket making unusable. Toyota said prior to me getting Independently checked that the head gasket may have failed and they however took no responsibly due a lack of official dealer services in service history. I am in very bad situation having to take time of work, and the prospect of paying around 2000 pound for a new engine fitted since cylinder heads are hard to purchase stand alone. So how would you recommend I go about this is contacting Toyota head office directly a good idea, and is servicing from the dealer required to be covered by the warranty of this evident manufacturers fault.

You don't need a full Toyota dealer service history but you will probably need evidence that it has been properly serviced at correct intervals & with appropriate consumables by a competent person.

The car needs to have under 112k on it to be covered under Toyota's extended warranty for this issue.

If that dealer won't put it forward either take it to another dealer or take it up with Toyota yourself.

u dont need toyota to service ur car m8 ,u only need orignal toyota parts from toyota and u can get it serviceed any where u like u can ring them direct urself dont ring the 0844 number it will cost u 10 pence minimum so ring this landline number 01737367600 or u can ring their freefone number 0800252806 good luck

mine was fixed at 68000(eventualy)i didn't have a single toyota stamp in the book,although i never missed one and always used toyota parts,what is your mileage

There is a difference between NO service history and no DEALER service history

They dont always ask for history, but if they do, you will need to provide details of who when where, miles etc

Kingo :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links