Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Problem With Wireless Lock/unlock

chris2005dim

Good evening gentlemen,

I own a Toyota Avensis 1.6 1998 and I am having trouble with the remote lock/unlock mechanism. So here's the situation: Five years ago I uninstalled the alarm system cause it had some problems and I was left with the electronic lock/unlock system. The wireless locking on the Master Key suddently stoped working three years ago(changed the Battery but nothing happened) and for the last three years I've been operating the car with the other key. A week ago I discovered that the most probable cause of the key not working was that it was out of sync. So I once again changed batteries(CR 1620), tried the steps described in the owners manual(open door, instert key, switch to on, wait 10 sec's and press two times lock or unlock) but nothing happened.

I've read some articles about reprogramming the keys(which involved several steps) but I am not sure if they suit my situation. By the way it is worth mentioning that the Master Key can start the engine but the lock and unlock buttons that are on the same key(rectangle one with square buttons) don't work.

Any suggestions will be appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Hi chris the integration relay and wirless door control reciever where common causes of this issue on your model back in the day.we replaced them on a daily basis in the dealerships .does it work from the rocker switch on the drivers door

Yes the central lock system works fine from the drivers door.

Do you know how much will it cost me to replace it?

If its not the receiver but the circuit of the key how much will it cost? :)

id go second hand .its been a long time since i changed one cant remember cost but its not cheap .youl then need to program the wireless transmitter on the key .il post the procedure tomorrow

Thanks for your repplies man! The procedure will be greatly appreciated!!!

Any update on the procedure my friend? :)

Interior light and door switch must be workin .start wit drivers door open insert/remove the key into ign twice dont turn .close /open door twice insert /remove key once close/open door twice finishin closed insert key turn ign to position three and back to off remove key press lock open buttons together for 1,5 secs then press lock .door locks shud then cycle once

UNBELIEVABLE!!! Reprogramming the key worked perfectly and without changing anything, nor the key nor the receiver! I simply added a new remote to the car with the following procedure:

post-120336-0-37484300-1335208751_thumb.

I would like to thank you man for your effort, time and for pointing me to that direction!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links