Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cruise Control On E12 2006 1,6Vvti?

burkov

Hi Burkov,

I think I understand what you have done but I want to ask to make sure I have understood right.

You added one wire to the ECU and this was supplied with 12V to emulate the cutch switch. This was the red/white wire shown in the picture of the ecu. Is this correct?

You then inserted your cruise control switch buy cutting and connecting to the red/yellow wire going to the steering wheel and grounding the other side of the switch. Was this red/yellow wire already there? What wires did you add and which wires were already in place?

Thanks!

You got it right.

The red/yellow wire, was already under the steering wheel.

I added the ground wire, from the other CC switch pin and the +12v wire to the red/white wire in the ECU.

Ok, I guess my 2007 Toyota Corolla from Sweden is not wired for cruise because there is no yellow/red wire going to the spiral connector on the steering wheel. There were only 5 wires going to this connector with the colors,gray, green and red. There are also 5 wires from the spiral connector inside the steering wheel so this tells me that there are no extra wires pulled to this connector. I was able to find a red/yellow wire under the steering wheel but this was wired to the connector going to the headlight/blinker wire. Was your red/yellow wire connected to this spiral connector or what connector did it terminate in?

The first attached picture shows the spiral connector(black) with only 5 wires and the second shows the blinker connector that the red/yellow wire goes to.IMG_0833.thumb.JPG.953471e442f638bb58d5cc1531d2dc07.JPGIMG_0826.thumb.JPG.a25b3cefd7257ce27571e9d720e5f0a4.JPG

• 5 months later...
On 1/31/2017 at 4:51 PM, burkov said:

Hi oldcodger,

I had to pull a new cable from the ECU to the steering coloumn. I dont remeber the exact pin, but i can check it later this week.

The ground cable is connected anywhere you find it comfortable, i connected it to the steering colomn.

I did not use a original CC stalk, i used an old peugeot 206 music stalk and connected the resistors to it. It has exactly 4 options, so works ok for me.

s-l300.jpg

i bought one of these but dont know how to install resistors on it. anybody can help?

• 3 months later...

Hi friend

I have corolla e12 1.6 vvti 06 year with manual transmission :) So i Have question. I don't understand idea burkov : ( can you help me ? 

Do you know I have clutch switch or not ? Can you show me a photo step by step ? Or can you send me film ? Many thanks for help !!!

20180308_223813.jpg

• 1 year later...

Good Evening!

I tried to set de +12V on the Red/White Pin. But there is no change. Could something broken? If i remove the plug at the "brake switch" i cant activate the cruise control, 

Are there any Schematics about the ECU? 

Hello Daniel,

About the ECU wiring, I remember using a russian forum, but definitely can't remember which.

Are you sure you have all the correct resistance's set?

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you, i think i tell it wrong. The CC switch is workin, the green cruise is shining. But the cruise wont work, so i used a +12v cable from my amplifier and connected it to the ECU (e13 plug, pin 10, red/white). I've checked it with a multimeter. But no change. 

Could it be possible to post a picture of your ECU? With the number andanufacturer? Or can i contact you private?

• 1 year later...

Hey, I have an Automatic Toyota Corolla 2005 1.6L Colour Collection.

i bought the cruise control module and took out the stock input that was inside the steering wheel (next to the yellow airbag input) and I installed the cruise control module into it, put ground in as well. Still no cruise light on and cruise control doesn’t work.

am i doing something wrong? Photo attached

9AF729DC-80D1-4A78-BBED-3D9213D2BC81.jpeg

5807849A-5BA0-4716-8E3A-BED471BD93CF.jpeg

• 6 months later...
On 3/26/2021 at 6:05 PM, Tman94 said:

Hey, I have an Automatic Toyota Corolla 2005 1.6L Colour Collection.

i bought the cruise control module and took out the stock input that was inside the steering wheel (next to the yellow airbag input) and I installed the cruise control module into it, put ground in as well. Still no cruise light on and cruise control doesn’t work.

am i doing something wrong? Photo attached

9AF729DC-80D1-4A78-BBED-3D9213D2BC81.jpeg

5807849A-5BA0-4716-8E3A-BED471BD93CF.jpeg

Did you resolved this?

• 2 years later...

I need help! All the important images Burkov posted are gone, and i have no idea what pins to mess with to emulate the clutch switch, help me!!

Am i supposed to apply a +12v power to that red white cable in the bottom left?
And then plug in the cruise control in the bottom right pins (next to the blue horn cable) ?

IMG_20240304_134707.jpg

EDIT: I tried adding a ground wire on the red and white cable (used the black CC cable as ground, also tried using bare metal on the steering wheel as ground)) and it got no voltage, do i just need to apply both a ground cable and a +12v cable onto the red and white cable? Wont that cause some sort of short circuit?

EDIT:

Alright so i applied 12 volts to it and the entire wheel started smoking and the radio is bugging out... god damn it

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

Anyone knows if cruise control is available in the 2003 Corolla E12 2.0 D4D 116ps (Phase 1)?

Thank you in advance

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links