Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Today I Was Mostly Blanking Off My Egr **getto Sytle***

jedi134

I'm not worried as my 5w/40 thick oil will suspend the aluminum until the next oil change.........I hope :lol:

Either that or my EGR valve now has a Ally coating :thumbsup:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jedi134

• anchorman

• Mistermena

• tatteam

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No problems at all Jedi.

I've blanked mine with 2mm plates on both sides, no alarms ...noticed the MPG improved :)

Hallo Tatteam, what means " on both sides? Is It possible some picture? Thanks in advanced.

Hmmmmmm! so whys the 4.3 Rav not throwing a fault code? Mine lasted around 100 miles before it threw the EGR code? Could this coincide with the beer can melting? If it is something to do with the melted EGR beer can gasket (exhaust side only) then that would sugest there is a sensor in the actual EGR valve???? There are a number of wires going into it from the multi plug, more that you would expect for just a stepper motor?.............. maybe?

I may try the other gasket................??

Hallo Tatteam, what means " on both sides? Is It possible some picture? Thanks in advanced.

Hi,

it was blanked from between cylinder head and egr input pipe and from between intake manifold and bottom side of egr as seen from pictures, hope these pictures help.

The 2mm steel blank plates were cut to gasket shape to keep job neatly finished.

post-93879-0-97946800-1333127009_thumb.j

post-93879-0-50991600-1333127031_thumb.j

post-93879-0-76700300-1333127047_thumb.j

Thanks for pics, great job! How many km without EGR alarm or any Fault Code?

Hi,

it was blanked from between cylinder head and egr input pipe and from between intake manifold and bottom side of egr as seen from pictures, hope these pictures help.

The 2mm steel blank plates were cut to gasket shape to keep job neatly finished.

Looks like a good job to me... Start making them and sell them on here! But 1st send me one FOC so I can give Check it out! :naughty::nerd: :nerd: :)

Hi,

Looks like a good job to me... Start making them and sell them on here! But 1st send me one FOC so I can give Check it out! :naughty::nerd: :nerd: :)

I'll think about it TAFF ;) and don't worry you'll be the first to know :)

Thanks for pics, great job! How many km without EGR alarm or any Fault Code?

NO alarm codes till now even though I have to admit that haven't done lot of miles but enough to. If an alarm had to come out, it should have done so but nothing came out.

Noticed also that on very slow speeds in city driving, the second gear can withstand low revs.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links