Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My New Corolla E12 1.6Vvti Colour Collection (2004)

Ant182

I was nervous going into the last round of the Sprint Series as I had never raced at Snetterton before. The morning didn't start very well as I span off the track on my practice run ending up on the infield. 
I managed to gather myself together before the first timed runs started and from there was able to start with my first time of 2:03:73 and reduced it all day to a final time of 1:58:03. I'm so very pleased to win the 2016 Toyota Sprint Series group E-Street Championship 2016. 
I would also like to thank some of my supporters this year who have helped me get this new car ready for the season, Track Torque Motorsport, Mechanic Alan Bolco, Matthew Tyson and girlfriend Lucy for all her help too this year and Lumipix Clothing. 
Role on 2017.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Well, after this first season with the Yaris its been all in all a good one very happy!

But now need to take stock and start making a list of parts that need to be replaced and rebuilt too.

Gearbox is shot now and the Radiator too and the car will go into the body shop to get it's TTE bumper on and repair the damage the last owners did to the car.

This will be all done over the next 6 months before the season starts again in April 2017.  

16 hours ago, Cookeh said:

Congratulations and well done!

Thanks Alistair.

This is the article in our local paper.

Teesside racing drivers hit top gear in Toyota Sprint Series

Best mates Steven Allison and Matthew Tyson claimed a class win and runner-up spot

Acklam Toyota racer Matthew Tyson
Acklam Toyota racer Matthew Tyson

Teesside sprint motorsport stars Steven Allison and Matthew Tyson hit top gear to win a national title and runner-up trophy.

Allison, from Acklam and now living in Marske, sealed victory in the Toyota Sprint Series Class E-Street Championship at Snetteton in his new Toyota Yaris.

Best mate Tyson, who hails from Acklam, finished runner-up in the Class D-Street section at the same Norfolk circuit.

Allison first started taking part in the Toyota Sprint Series in 2012.

In 2015 he took a magnificent seven podium places as he finished second overall in the D-Street class for naturally aspirated cars up to 1.6 litre.

But he made a move into the E-Street class this year for vehicles up to 1350cc after investing in a new Toyota Yaris, and the switch has paid off after he finished top of the aggregate points chart.

“I was nervous going into the last round of the Sprint Series as I had never raced at Snetterton before,” Allison said.

Marske Toyota racer Steven Allison Marske Toyota racer Steven Allison

“The morning didn’t start very well as I span off the track on my practice run, ending up on the infield.

“I managed to gather myself together before the first timed runs started and from there was able to start with my first time of 2:03:73 and reduced it all day to a final time of 1:58:03.

“I’m so very pleased to win the 2016 Toyota Sprint Series Class E-Street Championship 2016.

“I would also like to thank some of my supporters this year who have helped me get this new car ready for the season, Track Torque Racing, Mechanic Alan Bolko, Matthew Tyson and girlfriend Lucy for all her help too this year, as well as Lumipix Clothing.”

Tyson has dominated Class D in the past in the green Toyota Corolla which doubles as his everyday road car, with his results including 10 consecutive class victories.

And although he was unable to post an overall win this year after being lightly raced due to budget and time restrictions since becoming a father, he was pleased to podium as what began as a grey day at Snetterton turned out to be a bright one results-wise.

Tyson said: “I posted a 1:56.24 on my first run and managed to finally clock a run of 1:54.31 which gave me second in class on the day, behind a much lighter car.

“I was really pleased with the result, and even more so when the organisers informed me that even though I only managed to race two rounds of this year’s championship, both my points and my pace in those events had gained me the 2016 Toyota Sprint Series Class D-Street runner Up trophy.”

Tyson joined Allison in thanking his backers and sponsors for making his success possible, and he is already hoping to compete more in 2017.

“I’ve have had some great help and support too from Track Torque Racing, Alan Bolko, SJ Autosport and fiancée Jacqueline at trackside,” he said.

He added: “I’m looking forward to next season’s racing, and will try to race as much as I can, maybe with my car a little lighter to keep up with the competition.”

• Like 1

🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻👍👍👍👍👍👍🚘🎉🎊🎈🎖🏎 congratulations Ant. First time round and......Smashed it! Knew you would buddy😉 bring on 2017 😆

19 hours ago, RazzerRazor said:

🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻👍👍👍👍👍👍🚘🎉🎊🎈🎖🏎 congratulations Ant. First time round and......Smashed it! Knew you would buddy😉 bring on 2017 😆

Thanks Craig, time to get your Corolla out there as well.

Got an article on the local Toyota Dealers web site blog as well.

Probably our last article for 2016, and onto improving and repairing the cars for next year.

Is 2017 here yet!!! 

gaz1.jpg

gaz2.jpg

On 27/10/2016 at 9:18 PM, Ant182 said:

Thanks Craig, time to get your Corolla out there as well.

😂😂😂😂 I'll just come and watch Ant. My luck I'd prang her first bend😲

Bring on 2017 that's all I say 👍

9 hours ago, RazzerRazor said:

😂😂😂😂 I'll just come and watch Ant. My luck I'd prang her first bend😲

Bring on 2017 that's all I say 👍

Yes role on 2017, I did think the same as you Craig at first, but here we are 4 years later.

Will be good to see you there though.

More like 14 years later on for me Steve. 

I'll defo have a ride over next and meet up though 

9 hours ago, RazzerRazor said:

More like 14 years later on for me Steve. 

I'll defo have a ride over next and meet up though 

That would be good Craig also if you can, if you have any other mates with Toyota's try spread the word to them to see if we can get more people attending the events either spectating or taking part.

I'll put the dates up as soon as I know them.

14 hours ago, Ant182 said:

That would be good Craig also if you can, if you have any other mates with Toyota's try spread the word to them to see if we can get more people attending the events either spectating or taking part.

I'll put the dates up as soon as I know them.

You know what pal I don't. None are really into cars like me. One has the new Kia pro gt turbo, other has Renault capture, One an Impreza sti (not seen him in a while). Others are family cars ha. My fiancée friends has the new GTR. That's stunning lucky sod. Just tuned to 600+ bhp. 😍 

Miss these days I used to have! 

That's a good vid, must be nice to have an Impreza and GTR tho, mind at least with our Toyota the bills are a lot less lol.

On 09/11/2016 at 10:04 AM, Ant182 said:

That's a good vid, must be nice to have an Impreza and GTR tho, mind at least with our Toyota the bills are a lot less lol.

Ha ha that was my Impreza afew years ago. Had it about 5-6years. Used to go on club meets and rolling road days. That's what I meant about I miss the days lol 

• 1 month later...

Hey Guy's a quick update, so after 2 weeks on Holiday in Scotland, awesome place to go visit and do xmas shopping.

So I was told we had very heavy rain and wind in Middlesbrough while we where away and I had stored the yaris away but the rain could still get to it.

On picking the car up I found the drivers side carpet soaked through and the windscreen soaked too, so it looks like the window seal has gone again as I had it resealed in the summer :( but on the upside I managed to get my new stainless back box fitted to the yaris finally. 

The Corolla was waiting at home for me and it started first time and the only thing was the tyres needed pumping up a bit, Happy Days and Toyota's are ace!!!!!

th5251267541581SPOON-N1-RES.jpg 

Got mine second hand off a civic and had it made to fit my yaris makes a nice nice noise too :)

Hey Steve, didn't know the civics was a near enough fit! Top work buddy. 

Gutted for you regarding the wet bit. I used to be a windscreen fitter years ago and resealed loads as you said. A lot of times though the screen was ok it just needed a new trim and re bonding in again. Hope it's sorted and ready for the next line up 2017 👌👍

• 3 weeks later...

Well after spotting a car in a dealer near me, I went and had a look just to be nosey to be honest but after a drive and checking it out, with a heavy heart I traded in my 2004 Corolla.

So I am now the proud owner of this 2013 1.33vvti Yaris SR 3dr, just over 16thow miles and well chuffed so now I have 2 Yaris SR's a MK1 and Mk3 yipeee!!!.

A Happy New Year Everyone hope you had a good one.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Happy new year mate 👍. Hope you and the family had a good Xmas too.

Proper good looking yaris buddy. Looks very clean, and the inside never looks sat in. 16K miles or not! 

So what made you do the swap? 

20 hours ago, RazzerRazor said:

Happy new year mate 👍. Hope you and the family had a good Xmas too.

Proper good looking yaris buddy. Looks very clean, and the inside never looks sat in. 16K miles or not! 

So what made you do the swap? 

Happy New Year Craig, hope you all have a good one too.

Thanks, it is very clean and just needs a good polish.

No real reason for the change but it is a lot better on running costs such as tax and insurance which are the biggies on the corolla.

I only popped into the dealership for a look at it and a nosey really.

5 hours ago, Ant182 said:

Happy New Year Craig, hope you all have a good one too.

Thanks, it is very clean and just needs a good polish.

No real reason for the change but it is a lot better on running costs such as tax and insurance which are the biggies on the corolla.

I only popped into the dealership for a look at it and a nosey really.

I know what you mean, I still can't believe the insurance price on mine compared to my Impreza that was modded out. £120 difference! Doesn't make sense. 

Talk about doing stuff off the cuff ha. Brilliant! Just going tesco for milk....come back with massive led tv ha ha ha 

7 hours ago, RazzerRazor said:

I know what you mean, I still can't believe the insurance price on mine compared to my Impreza that was modded out. £120 difference! Doesn't make sense. 

Talk about doing stuff off the cuff ha. Brilliant! Just going tesco for milk....come back with massive led tv ha ha ha 

I know its a mad difference isn't it, and those trips are always good coming back with a major buy instead of only what you went for lol

14 hours ago, Ant182 said:

I know its a mad difference isn't it, and those trips are always good coming back with a major buy instead of only what you went for lol

Defo Steve. Can only afford the milk though 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links