Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wheels....

Gnome

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gnome

• BLiTZ

• JustJJ

• Woody27

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol. I've already broken the mould - my ample frame made sure of that!

:D

Those 4 spokes are top of my list.

Cheers for the link to those T-sport alloys Chris, but I think they'll go for silly money with that starting price.

Yeah, I do after winter! My brother is keeping the T-Sport wheels on over winter and then putting the 5Zigens on when there is no salt on the roads! :thumbsup:

Just another quick question.

If the bore of an aftermarket alloy is different to that of the Yaris, can it be altered in any way to fit?

I.e. The middle set of alloys in the above post supposed to be 56.1. Could it be downsized?

If you know the make of the wheel.. such as Enkie.. Momo TSW etc.. you can get what is known as Centralizing Rings from a good Alloy Wheel shop (some people wrongly call them spacers) these rings go inside the bore hole of the wheel and downsize it to the same as the hub (54mm for the yaris) thus centreing the wheel on the hub.. without them you get the same sensation as if the wheels need balancing.

From sticky..

Centralizing Rings

These are a very important, and often overlooked part of buying aftermarket alloy wheels. Centralizing Rings are the plastic/metal rings, that should get supplied with your wheels, that will convert the Bore Hole of the wheel (the hole in the centre) to the same size as the hub.

If the Centralizing Rings are not fitted you have 2 problems..

1.) The wheel won't be centred on the hub properly, resulting in vibration through the steering wheel, this feels excactly the same as driving with wheels that are out of balance.

2.) This is a problem that most people won't even think of, if the Centralizing Rings are missing, the wheel will have no support from the hub, this means that the full weight of your car is only being supported by the wheel nuts, which they are NOT designed to do.

rings.jpg

Centralizing Rings

Hope it helps m8.

EDIT: Could a mod please add the picture of the Centralising Rings to the sticky at the top of the Yaris section... just under the heading for Centralising Rings would be good.. :thumbsup:

Cheers for that Davy.

If the bore was already smaller, I presume the wheel would be a no-go?

The alloys in question are the ones in that middle pic just up this page.

Don't know what make they are I'm afraid.

What sort of price are centralizing rings?

Cheers for that Davy.

If the bore was already smaller, I presume the wheel would be a no-go?

The alloys in question are the ones in that middle pic just up this page.

Don't know what make they are I'm afraid.

What sort of price are centralizing rings?

These wheels?...

a6_1_b.JPG

Fox Racing.. hopefully thats all the info you should need.. Fox Racing to Toyota Yaris C/Rings (assuming all Fox wheels will have a standard bore hole)

If the bore hole is smaller.. then it's a no go.. you don't want to start machining the hole bigger as it will weeken the wheel.

Rings should only cost a couple quid each.

Those are the ones mate.

They're "buy it now" for £100 on Evil-bay at present.

The seller has fitted 3 tyres of one make, and 1 of another though. :S

Possibly some Toyo's to go on there then. :D

If any of you photoshoppers out there could make the above wheels fit my Yaris through the wonders of image editing, it'd be greatly appreciated. ;)

Probably clarky.. its the little plastic (sometimes metal) rings that you get with after market wheels, they go into the bore hole of the wheel and convert it to the same size as the hub.

Rite then guys.

Those of you with 15's, what tyre sizes are you running?

Was thinking of 195/50/15, but Davy has said that it could be close if I'm also going to lower the car 30mm.

Thanks.

195/50's shud sit in the arches fine, dependant on 0ffsett ideallly ET38 on 15's,

and spigot rings, central rings, all the same, and the fox's in question may already have a removable spigot ring so may fit, people dont seem to know about spigot ring these days, dangerous,

Gnome, I'd go for 195/45 if you can afford them because the smaller sidewall make them look much better imho! :yes:

My 15's fit in my arches nicely with no rubbing at all and I'm lowered 30mm+ so you should be fine. I have an offset of ET40. :thumbsup:

Cool.

Had a look at the prices of Toyot's earlier. £45 each!

Lol. I bought a pair of bridgestones for that! :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links