Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Excessive Moderating Nanny Forum Etc...

Karma Supra

I didn't enter into the fog lights thread, but it did run it's course and all views have seem to have been expressed.

Seems to me that it's the same moderator everytime that causes these complaint threads to pop up ;)

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pompey Gaz

• Captain Weirdbeard

• JappyBeast

• T V O R

Excuse me while I tear the backside out of this discussion just for a laugh.

It has already been said that this is another pointless thread. I won't say "pointless threads" have no place in this forum but there are better things to get wound up about.

From the online Cambridge English Dictionary - http://dictionary.cambridge.org/

excessive Show phonetics

adjective

too much:

Excessive exercise can sometimes cause health problems.

Any more pudding would simply be excessive.

and

Moderation in all things. SAYING

said to advise someone that it is best not to have or do too much or too little of anything

Finally

oxymoron Show phonetics

noun [C]

two words used together which have, or seem to have, opposite meanings

What say you now?

I say that their definition of moderation does not cover this context of the use of the word ;)

Moderating in this case is based on the verb to Moderate, and I am sure you will agree that it is not contradictary to carry out any verb to excess.

E.G. "He went blind due to excessive masterbation"

Interesting point though ;) :lol:

What say you now?

fwibblegarfwump and harrumpherpumper

those would be what id say now :)

What say you now?

fwibblegarfwump and harrumpherpumper

those would be what id say now :)

Soz. I've just shot off another blank, so to speak. This is what I meant to post:

Would you mind re-posting your answer here? -

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=71168

I say that their definition of moderation does not cover this context of the use of the word ;)

Moderating in this case is based on the verb to Moderate, and I am sure you will agree that it is not contradictary to carry out any verb to excess.

<snip>

Of course I agree.

However, it is just yourself and maybe one or two others who have brought the word excess into play. I am only a recent member but I get the impression that there is something of a witch-hunt going on and that a specific moderator is the target. I am not implicating your good self in this statement, by the way.

If the above statement is true, I just wish whoever has the problem would just come out and say it. It can then be dealt with in an adult manner.

Also... Just who are the "they" when you say "their definition of moderation..." above?

Is there no such thing as "the Ref's decision is final" anymore?

Do you hear what is sung after a Ref's decision?

“The Referee’s a Banker” or something along those lines... :thumbsup:

but this thread wont fix the issue of "excessive moderating" it will just cause grudges :(

Maybe that is the intention? Someone has a hidden agenda!

Seems to me that it's the same moderator everytime that causes these complaint threads to pop up ;)

You’ve hit the nail on the head. Glad someone else has noticed. Some people are suitable for the job, others obviously aren’t. I hope management is listening.

:yes:

T V O R i take it that is a dig at Red Yaris 54? have you actually met him? he is an alright bloke and though i don't agree with it closing the mods seem to be under fire whatever happens, if you disagree why not try and talk to them instead of making snide comments? Maybe it will get things sorted instead of questioning weather certain people should or shouldn't be mods. The choice was made by managment and if they wanted to reverse it then they would have. T V O R just take things less personally and stop holding grudges

You’ve hit the nail on the head. Glad someone else has noticed. Some people are suitable for the job, others obviously aren’t. I hope management is listening.

:yes:

Who is the moderator in question?

Please give your reasons too.

T V O R i take it that is a dig at Red Yaris 54? have you actually met him? he is an alright bloke and though i don't agree with it closing the mods seem to be under fire whatever happens, if you disagree why not try and talk to them instead of making snide comments? Maybe it will get things sorted instead of questioning weather certain people should or shouldn't be mods. The choice was made by managment and if they wanted to reverse it then they would have. T V O R just take things less personally and stop holding grudges

An alright bloke doesn’t mean that particular bloke would make a good moderator.

There are no snide comments; people know what I think of them by PM or by posts on here.

Before you judge me Pompey Gaz, bear in mind I didn’t start any antagonistic comments/behaviour. If people decide to rattle my cage with their comments then expect a reaction.

As a new member yourself maybe you are not fully aware of all the history?

Before you judge me Pompey Gaz, bear in mind I didn’t start any antagonistic comments/behaviour. If people decide to rattle my cage with their comments then expect a reaction.

Again, who are you upset with? Name names or let it go, please.

We are all sympathetic to anyone who is getting the rough end of a deal. It is not apparent to me what you are talking about. I am not the only one who has difficulty understanding just what is wrong here.

Another thread and now a bubbling under current of bad feeling has started from one person’s actions, and not for the first time. Expect this topic to be locked soon as well.

When will people wake up and smell the coffee?

Disagreements and bad feeling can be fuelled by someone planting the seeds and watering them from a distance where they can’t be held accountable.

If the original thread was left alone and as agreed, was dying a natural death, then this thread wouldn’t have appeared and subsequent in-fighting wouldn’t happen.

We are all just puppets being played against each other. Someone is having a little smirk at our expense.

How can this be good for the TOC?

Also... Just who are the "they" when you say "their definition of moderation..." above?

AAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHH Its a pet hate of mine when people do that..... I feel dirty :(

That what I get for browsing in a tiny window tucked away at the bottom of my screen and posting at work lol.

Quite right to point it out though :P Another fave is when people talk about their uprated breaks on their cars.....

An alright bloke doesn’t mean that particular bloke would make a good moderator.

There are no snide comments; people know what I think of them by PM or by posts on here.

I think he is an ok mod, i think all the mods are. like i said i didn't agree with the thread closing but thats upto red yaris and the thread creator. IMHO. I didn't say you started anything but how has your "cage been rattled"? Because one mod you don't like made a comment? its fair doos to react but i don't see how any of this was aimed at you, if there is and you can point it out then i will amend this but i fail to see it atm. I only know what I know about the histroy from talking to a fair few people and although it could be biased, I think looking back to how it could have been we are a lot better off now but like you said i wasn't here so can't comment. I'm sure most of us would prefer to have a mod team we can get on with and are like us and not robots. then at the end of the day that is just me who would prefer real people making real decisions than faceless robots

AAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHH Its a pet hate of mine when people do that..... I feel dirty :(

That what I get for browsing in a tiny window tucked away at the bottom of my screen and posting at work lol.

Quite right to point it out though :P Another fave is when people talk about their uprated breaks on their cars.....

I spoke before about replacing the break fluid on my car :P :unsure:

Hey Gaz, you've had your posts 'altered' to your disproval in the past haven't you? Well that's happened to me too, power is not always funny and that is not what being a mod is all about. Don't get me wrong, 99% of the mods here are great and join in the banter, it's just when something like this happens we can end up feeling like it's not worth posting stuff up.

On a lighter note, I've not been here for a while, it's nice to see a few new faces joining in, so welcome!

's'allright.

At least I know you're not being paranoid now. ]playin'[

Someone is having a little smirk at our expense.

I'm sorry but with vague rhetoric like that you can't really expect to be taken seriously. I hope you feel better about things soon otherwise you'll give yourself an stomach ulcer.

Hows you been? aint spoke for ages :(

I'm good matey! I finally joined Facebook and my life has been taken over by my computer :lol: . We're hijacking again :P

Someone is having a little smirk at our expense.

I'm sorry but with vague rhetoric like that you can't really expect to be taken seriously. I hope you feel better about things soon otherwise you'll give yourself an stomach ulcer.

lol

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links