Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Comedy Wheel

stubb

well two weeks into ownership and ive got a flat already, where did they get the spare wheels from looks like a job lot of 2cv front wheels, hate it when manufacturers skimp on stuff like this, ill be looking on eBay for an alloy i think. post-79791-1247658099_thumb.jpg

well two weeks into ownership and ive got a flat already, where did they get the spare wheels from looks like a job lot of 2cv front wheels, hate it when manufacturers skimp on stuff like this, ill be looking on ebay for an alloy i think. post-79791-1247658099_thumb.jpg

the strange part is the spare tyre bay is big enough for a full size wheel

If you think thats bad you should see what the 206 has as a spare it looks like a wheel off a noddy car lol My daughter wouldnt drive her car with it on.

Stubb.... I know what you mean mate as I had a serious puncture just about 2 weeks into ownership.... the spare looked silly and I had to run around with it on for 5 days until the local dealer managed to get a replacement tyre.... they were just as cheap as my local independent tyre dealers :yes:

The techy guy still managed to damage the wheel when fitting the new tyre and they had to replace that as well.... silly dealer :rolleyes:

Space saver - NO, Money saver - YES!! Just who do they think they're conning?

Space saver - NO, Money saver - YES!! Just who do they think they're conning?

Spot on Duffryn, them spindly things are a lot cheaper than a nice alloy and full size tyre. Just a simple cost cutting exercise.

it occured to me on the way to work it is a cost saver, it saves you petrol as you can only do a max of 55mph ..... great

well two weeks into ownership and ive got a flat already, where did they get the spare wheels from looks like a job lot of 2cv front wheels, hate it when manufacturers skimp on stuff like this, ill be looking on ebay for an alloy i think.

Looks kool. You just need another 3 and it'll look the dog's!

The space saver also serves as a reminder that you need to get your punctured tyre repaired/replaced, you will be surprised by how many people fit a full sized spare only to forget the wheel they have in the boot is in need of attention, it's only when they get another puncture that they remember... but of course this time they are stranded somewhere. So it does have it's good points too.

I was surprised when I got my Avensis that it came with a full size alloy spare.

• 3 weeks later...
well two weeks into ownership and ive got a flat already, where did they get the spare wheels from looks like a job lot of 2cv front wheels, hate it when manufacturers skimp on stuff like this, ill be looking on ebay for an alloy i think. post-79791-1247658099_thumb.jpg

some of the manufacturers don't even supply spares but just a can of tyreweld ...

i carry a can of that myself anyway just in case.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links