Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Queries On Trip Navi

ganniii

Hi there!

I recently got a second hand Corolla T3 2004. I would like to test the fuel efficiency of the car, so I needed to calculate the distances vs amount of fuel used. The problem is that I'm not sure if the odometer and Trip A/B are showing KM or Miles.

I also would like to know if it is possible to reset the Trip Navi averages that are currently on the car, as the car now is being used in a different country and those old averages aren't accurate anymore.

Help is really appreciated!

Thanks

Hi,

I think I can help answer your second question -

To reset the averages hold down the "Trip Navi" button on the display of the average that you wish to clear for aprox 3 seconds, it should beep and clear it. (e.g. do this once on the average MPG display and then once on the average MPH display). <-- EDIT - I'm presuming it does say "MP/H" not "KM/H" - whichever way, it may help answer your first question too?

-

I hope this helps, good luck!

Hi,

I think I can help answer your second question -

To reset the averages hold down the "Trip Navi" button on the display of the average that you wish to clear for aprox 3 seconds, it should beep and clear it. (e.g. do this once on the average MPG display and then once on the average MPH display). <-- EDIT - I'm presuming it does say "MP/H" not "KM/H" - whichever way, it may help answer your first question too?

-

I hope this helps, good luck!

Thanks for the quick reply, the guide to reset the averages worked! Regarding the km/miles, when I used the TripNavi i have the option to use litres/100km, mpg and another option. Whichever from these 3 I use, the odometer counter doesn't change (km to miles or viceversa). I think its in miles, but I'm not sure. Nothing mentioned in the manual either.

If it helps, the speedometer's main numbers are the miles/hour, and the km/hr are smaller.

on my T-sport the odometer doesnt display the MPG the factory fit stereo does, have you changed it to an aftermarket unit?

If the main dials are mph, then thats what the odometer will read in. An vice versa if they are set to kph.

I think im right in saying you cant change that. You would need a cluster from a car running the desired unit or measurement.

on my T-sport the odometer doesnt display the MPG the factory fit stereo does, have you changed it to an aftermarket unit?

When i mentioned the odometer, I was referring the odometer counter under the speedometer. All the other reading are from the central stereo screen.

If the main dials are mph, then thats what the odometer will read in. An vice versa if they are set to kph.

I think im right in saying you cant change that. You would need a cluster from a car running the desired unit or measurement.

Thats what I thought, since the dials are in mph, just wanted to confirm. Until now with city usage and a/c on most of the time, the Trip A counter shows 65.5 (supposedly miles) with 1/4 of the fuel tank used. Since I reset the average counters, I'll see what readings I'll get from those.

City driving A/C on, 65 miles a quater.... so around 250 ish per tank (not including dodgy shapped fuel tanks and uneven fuel gague movement). Sounds about right.

The way i work out my mpg.

I drive until i'm empty of fuel or until i think i going to run out anyway, fill it up to the brim and note the mileage, then when i'm back to empty again and just before i fill up, take the second mileage reading and note the amount of fuel i put in, then its the working out time.

mileage when empty (eg) 1000 miles

mileage when empty, 1350 miles with 50 litres of fuel

1350 - 1000 = 350 miles covered

50 / 4.54 (this is how many litres into 1 gallon of fuel) = 11.01 gallons of fuel

350 / 11.01 = 31.8 MPG

So 31.8mpg is my average (give or take) without AC on, but they say you lose about 10% with AC on

The last time i used the trip computer in my car, it was reading something silly like, traveling at 90mph with 93mpg :lol:

• 10 years later...

Hi. I got a second hand toyota corolla verso 2001-2004.

At the trip navi it was showing km/L. Somehow it has changed to ml/g

How can i change it back to l/km?

Thank you

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links