Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tns310 - Option To Change Route While Driving

Terry_r

Hi,

I'm after some help. I've had my car a month now and have managed to upgrade my tns300 to tns310 using the advice in earlier forums.

Now I'm just getting myself a copy of new maps for 2009. However when I entered the new maps (now on 3 DVD's) no update appeared. Just more roads and countries. I was hoping the system had been updated to allow the maps to be changed on the move.

Has anyone managed to update the system (apart from fooling the sensor) so that the route can be added or amended whilse the car is moving. Is is possible or has this been totally disabled for ever.

Cheers

Terry

Hi,

I'm after some help. I've had my car a month now and have managed to upgrade my tns300 to tns310 using the advice in earlier forums.

Now I'm just getting myself a copy of new maps for 2009. However when I entered the new maps (now on 3 DVD's) no update appeared. Just more roads and countries. I was hoping the system had been updated to allow the maps to be changed on the move.

Has anyone managed to update the system (apart from fooling the sensor) so that the route can be added or amended whilse the car is moving. Is is possible or has this been totally disabled for ever.

Cheers

Terry

The updates for Satnav systems only update the software to include new roads and housing etc. The operational programme remains the same. The inablility to alter major route settings on the move is a safety feature because it is illegal for the driver to do so. Some systems offer the ability to avoid congestion by offering a detour and stored destinations can be selected.

Regards

Fitter

Hi Fitter,

My first map update did upgrade my system to 310 from 300, I was hoping some later updates could follow giving more functionality.

On the point of using the maps on the go, I did have a Tom Tom and my wife could update the route whilst I was driving, or we could be on the move and decide to go somewhere. This was a useful function. I'm sure Toyota can leave it up to you to decide and it seems they have had a change of heart with one system from the main Toyota map update site and it states; "With your new map-update DVDs (PZ485-X03EU-08 & PZ485-X03RU-08), you will have not just expanded coverage but also an extra function allowing you to operate the navigation while driving*. I was just hoping that this option would come the way of the tns310. I know of Lexus drivers who can operate the navigation on the move.

I'm just hoping that some one out there reads this and has had an update that allowed them to operate on the move. Or knows how to update the system.

Cheers

Terry

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links