Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Estima 2.2 Td

trev3635

Hi, i have a toyota estima 2.2 td. Now the problem is the turbo isn't working and i was wondering whether this would cause black smoke (i think burning oil) to emit from the exhaust when excellerating?

Hi, i have a toyota estima 2.2 td. Now the problem is the turbo isn't working and i was wondering whether this would cause black smoke (i think burning oil) to emit from the exhaust when excellerating?

*googles Estima... Ow, a Previa!*

When the diesel/air ratio is good, there is no smoke.

But with the broken turbo (are you sure it's broken and it isn't the turbo hoes?) the ratio is bad. (To much diesel)

When it's blue smoke it's oil.

But with the broken turbo (are you sure it's broken and it isn't the turbo hoes?) the ratio is bad. (To much diesel)

Don't know whether its the hose? :unsure: All i can say is there is black smoke everytime i put my foot down and and its quite sluggish. Perhaps its worth £60 to ask the garage to diagnose the problem. :rolleyes:

Don't know whether its the hose? :unsure: All i can say is there is black smoke everytime i put my foot down and and its quite sluggish. Perhaps its worth £60 to ask the garage to diagnose the problem. :rolleyes:

If you don't know anything about cars go to the garage.

But you can follow the hoses (i don't know ho you write it :( ) from the airbox to the engine. Check for broken or damaged hoses

:D

But you can follow the hoses (i don't know ho you write it :( ) from the airbox to the engine. Check for broken or damaged hoses

Oh, you mean the hoses coming from the air filter and they go to the turbo, i'm quite sure i can manage that. Cheers :D

:D

Oh, you mean the hoses coming from the air filter and they go to the turbo, i'm quite sure i can manage that. Cheers :D

...and from the turbo to the engine. Enjoy!

The most common cause of black smoke on these cars I either the turbo wastegate/actuator or the EGR valve.

You need to join www.estima-motoring.co.uk and ask the guys on that forum.

The most common cause of black smoke on these cars I either the turbo wastegate/actuator or the EGR valve.

You need to join www.estima-motoring.co.uk and ask the guys on that forum.

The most common cause is a hose. (not specific Estima, but all TD's)

Much luck with the search!

Thanks for the website i'll get onto that tonight and i'll have a look for hoses aswell cheers ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links