Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

To Buy Or Not To Buy Thats The Questio

Nightstalker

Hi all...

just wanted to put a couple of questions out to yous...

I have just found a 03 reg LC5 in mint condition with only around the 40K on the clock. Its going for just under 16K.... would that be considered a good deal?

Now I know MR T came out with a new auto gear box for the LC ( I think around 2005 reg) does it make such a difference or was there a problem with the previous one?

Your advice is greatly appreciated

Regards

Rob

B)

Sounds a little expensive to me :huh:

Remember the 4x4 class of car has been hit hard by this crappy government.... get the price lowered by £1500 :)

Well... when it came to the finance agreement... It blew the whole thing out the water anyway.... so this one is not coming my way... Have got my eyes set on another however there is an issue with this one which just surfaced and that is that the engine is a reconditioned/rebuilt one... so not sure what to do with it... on one hand its a new engine... on the other... will it blow again?

Dealer recons it blew due to clogged oil filter or some other filter which ended up depriving the engine of oil... - giving this one a think....

Further to my last entry... I have found out that the engine was not a complete rebuild... only the short engine was completely rebuilt and a new cam/timing belt put on...

so Is this one worth looking at... 16995 05 reg with a new short engine and timing belt....???? :unsure:

• 1 month later...

Well having taking into consideration what has happened to the LC4 with the reconditioned engine I have decided to get it.

It's had its small engine replaced and the top end rebuilt. So pretty much got a new engine in there which should give me plenty of miles before I would have to trade it in for sommet else... so will be picking my LC 4 up on the 1st and handing my RAV4 back to MR T....

Best of luck with your new purchase Rob :thumbsup:

Mrs Duncs still has her heart set on a LC :rolleyes:

Best of luck with your new purchase Rob :thumbsup:

Mrs Duncs still has her heart set on a LC :rolleyes:

Cheers mate,

I'll pop over to the Rav section to say goodbye for now when I've picked my LC up on Sunday next week.

The LC surley is a fine beast... I was ummin and are-ing over this one due to the engine rebuild then taking into consideration that with the rebuild the injector issue was fixed and at the same time I get an almost new engine with plenty of milage left on it made me go for this one... Oh and the fact that we will be expecting our 3rd :baby: to turn up next year was the main deciding factor on it... ;)

regards

Rob

B)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links