Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

All I Want To Do Is Pay For My Petrol

balli hi

I can never quite understand why petrol stations do not have a dedicated till for people buying petrol only , i'm sick and tired of getting stuck behind someone doing their weekly shop ( or at least it would seem that way :rolleyes: ) when all i want to do is pay for my petrol and go , is that too much to ask for ? , anyone know the answer to this ? :bangin:

I appreciate some people might want to buy some ciggies & a newspaper or maybe a pint of milk along with their petrol, so maybe they can open one till for petrol and up-to 5 items , and 5 items or more you go to a dedicated till , makes sense to me and i would'nt have to spend an age waiting behind someone doing their :censor: shopping , there are a few things that seem to wind me up when i'm out and about and this ones right up there :ffs:

Pay@Pump

I love it! I always do it if I can, it's so convenient :thumbsup:

I think all petrol stations should offer Pay@Pump, in fact it surprises me that some of the big names (BP for example) still don't.... not round here anyway, but Tescos do! Because like you, I just want to pay for my fuel and go!

Agree with the above, pay at pump.

The most annoying for me is ASDA. Twelve pumps, 4 exit lanes and only one of them open. So you get your fuel, get back into your car, drive to the exit queue, faff for your wallet (which if it is in your pocket is not easy to get to whilst seated with a seat belt on). Pay for the fuel, hold up the queue whilst you sort out your receipt and put your wallet away. And of course it is always tipping it down with rain and you are sitting with your drivers window wide open to pass things to/from the cashiers window.

I can never quite understand why petrol stations do not have a dedicated till for people buying petrol only , i'm sick and tired of getting stuck behind someone doing their weekly shop ( or at least it would seem that way :rolleyes: ) when all i want to do is pay for my petrol and go , is that too much to ask for ? , anyone know the answer to this ? :bangin:

I appreciate some people might want to buy some ciggies & a newspaper or maybe a pint of milk along with their petrol, so maybe they can open one till for petrol and up-to 5 items , and 5 items or more you go to a dedicated till , makes sense to me and i would'nt have to spend an age waiting behind someone doing their :censor: shopping , there are a few things that seem to wind me up when i'm out and about and this ones right up there :ffs:

What's worse than this ? The *&^%$ who park beside a pump, who are not filling up, but are going to do the weekly shop. :ffs:

It is like toast falling buttered side down :angry:

When I am queueing for a pump to come free, why is it always one that is on the wrong side of my car for the filler cap. :censor:

I hate having to drag the line across my car & trying to keep it clear of the bodywork :(

Even better... Trying to get into a four lane filling station only to be stuck behind some half wit waiting and blocking all lanes because they cant be bothered to wait behind one lane only.... so they block all the lanes and the entrance + the road into the filling station. :ffs: :ffs: :ffs:

When you do finally get in... to only be stuck behind the last person out of the shop walking slowly to their car and then take an age to move away......

So me....Na prefer to pay @pump..... :P :P :P :P

Even better... Trying to get into a four lane filling station only to be stuck behind some half wit waiting and blocking all lanes because they cant be bothered to wait behind one lane only.... so they block all the lanes and the entrance + the road into the filling station. :ffs: :ffs: :ffs:

Had a guy do that tonight... parked right in the :censor: ing entrance.....

He wasn't impressed however when i drove down the tanker lane to get round him and beat him to a pump that became free!! :lol2:

This drives me crazy too!! After work one time i stopped to get petrol at Tescos and the woman in front of me was literally in there for 20 mins but came out with no extra shopping or anything!! What the hell was she doing then?!!?!?!?! :censor: Just thinking about ti now is making me angry haha! I also hate it when people come out from paying but take ages to put their purse/wallet away, put their seatbelt on and start the car. HURRY UP!!

I always pay at pump.

Pay@pump is the logical answer i guess , however i've yet to see a cabby use pay@pump we always pay cash for a very good reason , and i'm guessing not all motorists have or want to pay with a credit card iether , for reasons of their own , i just wish the petrol outlets would acknowledge this and open a dedicated till for petrol only , or better still for cabby's only :lol: :lol2:

Pay@pump is the logical answer i guess , however i've yet to see a cabby use pay@pump we always pay cash for a very good reason , and i'm guessing not all motorists have or want to pay with a credit card iether , for reasons of their own , i just wish the petrol outlets would acknowledge this and open a dedicated till for petrol only , or better still for cabby's only :lol: :lol2:

You already have your own road lanes to drive down...surely that's enough :D ....I always thought Taxi's where diesel... as running a petrol one must cost a fortune... ;) ;)

You already have your own road lanes to drive down...surely that's enough :D ....I always thought Taxi's where diesel... as running a petrol one must cost a fortune... ;) ;)

Yeh , only joking of course, and the cab definately runs on diesel , i was refering to the petrol outlet not the cab , maybe i should have said retailers , anyways... all the best , oh and don't forget to tip next time your in a cab :naughty: :lol2: ...... seriously , only joking again :yes::thumbsup:

[quote oh and don't forget to tip next time your in a cab :yes::thumbsup:

I'll give you a tip, next time you guys buy your cabs, have a look at the options list and choose a nice set of indicators! :lol:

I'll give you a tip, next time you guys buy your cabs, have a look at the options list and choose a nice set of indicators! :lol:

ROFL@above :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

It's all friendly banter on here...... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ROFL@above :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

It's all friendly banter on here...... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:lol::lol::thumbsup:

The problem with "pay at pump" is most of them cut off at £60.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links