Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Number Plate Theft

balli hi

I was on the phone yesterday to my brother and he happened to mention that he had , had to fit a new front number plate last week , he came out one morning and saw it was missing , he presumed it had fallen off and thought no more of it , i asked him if he had reported this to the police because someone may have stolen it , and i explained that number plate theft is on the increase , he felt that it could'nt have been stolen because he could not find the screws on the floor ( i,e why would they take the screws as well ), therefor it must have fallen off , i convinced him however to inform the police A.S.A.P , better to be safe than sorry .

I was also wondering if he should notify the DVLA ?

i am also considering buying a personalized number plate, but i have always thought by purchasing the personal number plate, which will be registered under buyer's name, therefore only the person who has the number plate registered under their name are allowed to use it. correct me if i am wrong.

i am also considering buying a personalized number plate,

I fancied having one too but I couldn't afford it, so I changed ny name by deed poll to LX 54 ZUB.

true, my ideal number plate would cost £250,000.00. i'd use the money to buy an aston instead, but if i do modify my name slightly, i could have one only cost £375.00!!!!!! thanks, but no thanks!!

Anyone have any further advice on wether its sufficient to simply inform the police , or should my brother contact other authorities as well .

Just the Police will be fine, DVLA don't give a four xxxx :lol:

It is getting quite common now for plates to be nicked, they are put onto a similar coloured donor car and driven around escaping speeding and parking fines. It is also a way of escaping the congestion charge!

Kingo :thumbsup:

i am also considering buying a personalized number plate, but i have always thought by purchasing the personal number plate, which will be registered under buyer's name, therefore only the person who has the number plate registered under their name are allowed to use it. correct me if i am wrong.

You are wrong.

The registration si registerd to the vehicle. It changes nothing.

You can not buy adhesive "security" plates that are like the warrety void stickers and tear away the writing if tampered with.

What you can buy are number plates that cannot be stolen. They break up into several pieces when you try and remove them. They are either riveted or glued to the body/bumper and literally fall apart if you try and nick one

HILLS SECURE PLATES

They are not cheap and can only be fitted by an expert centre (like us) :lol:

Kingo :thumbsup:

No.... the plate is registered to the car, whoever owns it!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links