Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Water Ingress?

Richard49

I used my 2002 Avensis (previous shape to the one out now) after it being parked up in the open after a few days of rain.

When going around corners I could hear water 'sloshing' about from side to side for a short while.

What I'm curious about is this...

If it's water getting into the vents just in front of the windscreen (where the windscreen wipers are) are there drain holes to allow it our again (I take it there are?)?

If so these drain holes might be blocked so I'll need to clear them out fairly quickly for obvious reasons.

I can't think of what else the water noise was remembering that I could only hear it when going around a corner and it sounded like it was sloshing from one side of the car to the other as you might expect if water was present in some kind of trough.

Did that make sense? I hope so.

Any advice would be very welcome.

Sounds like fuel in the tank to me, in some cars i've been in with little sound proofing you can quite easily hear the petrol sloshing around the tank when going round corners.

Sounds like fuel in the tank to me, in some cars i've been in with little sound proofing you can quite easily hear the petrol sloshing around the tank when going round corners.

This really sounds like its in front of the dashboard to me.

I can't think of what else it might be other than drain holes blocked; but trying to fond out where they might be is a difficult matter.

I might pop along to the Toyota dealer near me and ask them.

I can't think of what else it might be other than drain holes blocked; but trying to fond out where they might be is a difficult matter.

You are correct, there are drain holes. I used some curtain wire. The holes can't be seen from the top, but they exit behing the wheel arch, push the curtain wire up from there. They can be accessed from the top using a mirror and torch, they are on each extreme side at the front of the scuttle, but I found it easier from the exit point.

You are correct, there are drain holes. I used some curtain wire. The holes can't be seen from the top, but they exit behing the wheel arch, push the curtain wire up from there. They can be accessed from the top using a mirror and torch, they are on each extreme side at the front of the scuttle, but I found it easier from the exit point.

Thank you for that information; I'll go and have a look and see if it's blocked in some way.

Thanks again, it's very much appreciated... :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links