Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Roof Storage Box

Millie2

I have just purchased a roof storage box for my 2002 RAV4. However the box prevents me from leaving my radio arial in place. Any suggestions?

I have a 2005 RAV with the Roof-mounted aerial (which I think is same as yours?).

When I have put the roofbox on, I have found there is enough flex in the aerial for the box to just bend it backwards near horizontal and then springs back into position when box is removed.

If you don't like the sound of that approach or not suitable for you, you can get "bee sting" aerials that are much stubbier and one of those may be short enough to stay in position with the roofbox fitted?

HTH

H.

If you are not using the roofbox much then unscrew it and put a cd on! It not as bad as my neighbours Golf as he has to tie it down with string to get the car in the garage. I keep saying I'm going to get a spare aerial for a DAB Pure Highway and try it in my Rav - may still work without the aerial.

I had a spare aerial for Mrs Kingo's car, I cut it down to half the size coz it catches on the garage door all the time. Reception is OK until you get out in the countryside, she just swaps to the full length aerial on a journey, takes seconds to unscrew and put on

Kingo :thumbsup:

I had a spare aerial for Mrs Kingo's car, I cut it down to half the size coz it catches on the garage door all the time. Reception is OK until you get out in the countryside, she just swaps to the full length aerial on a journey, takes seconds to unscrew and put on

Kingo :thumbsup:

"RICHBROOK" do aerials at 13 cm, and 18 cms, in a sabre shape, and it is brass, with silver, chrome, or black finish. No loss of signal. I have the 18 cm one, but with a different brand. The actual "RICHBROOK" ones use a grub-screw as anti-theft. they cost ~£18.00p.

Halfords only have a black one, but a Google search showed a large choice, and they do more than just the sabre shape, but at least I know the claim to give full reception, is true of the sabre-type. The base is triangular (slightly rounded), and tip is sharp.

My aerial is a direct fit to my '58 reg Fiesta, so I did not need any of the adaptors supplied. ( I only fitted it as an alternative to a ping-pong ball, to help me find my car, as it is a popular colour )

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links