Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Wrc

Insanity-74

me too! it looks half assed with the stickers it has at hte mo :( will look really nice with the complete set.

Its not even half ubikd...more like quarter ubikd :D went to make a start today when I finished the spoiler.....but the heavens opened....again....tomorrow looks like rain...right through till monday :(

looking very good nial up to your usual hight standard again :thumbsup:

brakes can be ready when ever you are ;)

i like the shocks.have you used those before?

Yes but not on the Corolla...put some on the back of My GT4 and they seemed to work well enough...decided to try them on the Corolla....KYB make shocks for many many cars and are a huge and well respected company....worth a shot. I did want to try some coilovers but dont fancy the BC versions and Proflex are a little out of my price range :D

yeah they look good . i just wanna firm up my ride and go a bit lower . so they might be good for me .

I wanted to do a little bit more titivating today....the weather has been bad so only minor things to play with...decided to darken up the interior...I hate the grey colour interior and dash so off to Halfords and some flexible plastic spray...worked out better than I thought.

Turned the horrible eye bleeding plastics from this

DSC00246.jpg

to this

DSC00247.jpg

will do some more of the dash tomorrow if the weather gets better so I can finally drive without having to wear sunglasses all the time :)

I wanted to do a little bit more titivating today....the weather has been bad so only minor things to play with...decided to darken up the interior...I hate the grey colour interior and dash so off to Halfords and some flexible plastic spray...worked out better than I thought.

Turned the horrible eye bleeding plastics from this

DSC00246.jpg

to this

DSC00247.jpg

will do some more of the dash tomorrow if the weather gets better so I can finally drive without having to wear sunglasses all the time :)

That's exactly what I did with mine! :D Nice work mate. :thumbsup:

Yes but not on the Corolla...put some on the back of My GT4 and they seemed to work well enough...decided to try them on the Corolla....KYB make shocks for many many cars and are a huge and well respected company....worth a shot. I did want to try some coilovers but dont fancy the BC versions and Proflex are a little out of my price range :D

yeah they look good . i just wanna firm up my ride and go a bit lower . so they might be good for me .

KYB shocks and Eibach springs are a fantastic combination and very user friendly for a road car....they have been great on the Celica.

KYB shocks and Eibach springs are a fantastic combination and very user friendly for a road car....without compromising handling...I cant recommend them enough.

with those KYB could i put on say a 45mm lowering spring or would that be too low?

with those KYB could i put on say a 45mm lowering spring or would that be too low?

They would be fine.....there is a better grade of KYB shock as well which would perform even better for maybe an extra £150. Might be worth considering depending on what you want to use the car for.

They would be fine.....there is a better grade of KYB shock as well which would perform even better for maybe an extra £150. Might be worth considering depending on what you want to use the car for.

ah ok thanks . those KYB basic shocks should last a long time yea?

Depends what you class a long time.....should last as long as you`ll have the car unless you keep it for 14 years.

Depends what you class a long time.....should last as long as you`ll have the car unless you keep it for 14 years.

im thinking 100,000 miles would be a long time . lol

I have got most of the dashboard painted now...a nice black. I have also been in touch with a company called abmshop on the tinternet...they sent me a free sample of sticky backed flock material which will be used for the top of the dashboard rally car style. Worked out really well on the small section tested......ordered a big roll of it 5 meters by 1.5 meters which should be enough to do the doors and the dashboard.

• 2 weeks later...

Cant get used to this new site :(

Tried searching but nothing jumped out and landed on my lap as if by magic so I`ll ask the questions that have probably been asked a 1000 times before. I was going to perfrom a 3sgte swap, but with petrol prices going the way they are its not going to happen............so I was thinking about a 4age swap (black top) will it bolt straight on to my current 4afe`s gearbox? what else will I need to change to do this conversion?

any help/links much appreciated.

• 1 month later...

Well, or a while the Corolla looked like this

DSC00244.jpg

but it took just 2 days for the vandals to find it and they buggered up all the stickers down one side of the car by trying to peel them off, picking at the edges ets.....2 ****in days.

So I took everything back off again :( back to standard. You cant have anything nice in the UK without people ruining it for you, total lack of respect. If I`d have caught them at it I would have shown their faces the same respect as they showed my car.

With petrol the way it is I cant afford to do any engine swaps, so it will remain as is, with maybe some handing mods but thats all. The effort for speed will be transfered to the GT4 :)

:censor: I can't bloody beleive that! Sorry to hear it mate. It looked awesome! Can't you redo them? Maybe lacquer over them to remove the edge?

:censor: I can't !Removed! beleive that! Sorry to hear it mate. It looked awesome! Can't you redo them? Maybe lacquer over them to remove the edge?

Thanks...but no....well, I could get some more stickers, but it just attracts too much attention from the local yobs.

The Celica might get a sticker kit.....and a good coat of lacquer over the top. but not the Corolla, it will have to remain as it is....cheap to run and fun to drive. I had enough worrying about leaving the Celica parked up all the time, at least with the Corolla its pretty worry free, although it does get alot of people looking at it, possibly more than the GT4...dont know why as its just a white Corolla.....maybe people can sense its Corolla greatness :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links