Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis Cig Lighter And Auxillary Dead

robdodd

Hi All

I have just bought an '06 reg Avensis Tourer 2.2 d4d t-spirit.

Runs lovely but it has been a little roughly treated inside. Most things are small ( bits of trim not clipping in etc.)

But I cant run anything off the cig lighter or the 12V supply behind the centre armrest. The cig lighter light is on but I dont get any voltage

From the use manual it says that cig lighter is fuse 40. But I cant find it. There is small flap to the right of the steering wheel at knee level, which has a fuse layout but behind it there are just connections!

Also if anyone has a 6 speed gear knob, mine isnt in good condition and I am looking to buy one, as they are probably about £60 plus from dealer!

Thanks for any replies

Rob

Check the fuse console behind the glove box.

Robdodd, If not sure of how to remove glove compartment, look on forum under "replacement of Pollen Filter."

I think this covered photographically by Anchorman (?) or another guru.

Regards,

Big Kev

.....to remove the glovebox..........open the glovebox and on the lefthand side you'll see an small bolt.Unscrew that bolt,,and in the lower position,,pull gently the glovebox,as there are 3 clips holding it.The fuses clearly visible then.Also,check the fuses located beside the lefthand side wing,under the bonnet.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links