Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Previa Stalling Problems

annelid

Hi

Our Previa (Petrol 1997 P, 2.4L) has problems on cooler damp mornings in particular. Sometimes it stalls at low revs when pulling away until the engine is warm.

It has just passed its MOT and the service was fine as well, spark plugs okay.

It has been suggested that there is a sensor fault? Possibly the automatic choke?

Just looking for opinions or suggestions of what to do? Do we need to take the car to a Toyota garage to sort it?

Many thanks

Hi

Our Previa (Petrol 1997 P, 2.4L) has problems on cooler damp mornings in particular. Sometimes it stalls at low revs when pulling away until the engine is warm.

It has just passed its MOT and the service was fine as well, spark plugs okay.

It has been suggested that there is a sensor fault? Possibly the automatic choke?

Just looking for opinions or suggestions of what to do? Do we need to take the car to a Toyota garage to sort it?

Many thanks

I had this problem a few years ago you may need to to spray carb cleaner into a vacuum valve located under the passeger seat, be careful pulling the pipe off the switch they are easily broken. You may need to do this a few times & it should clear the problem. I think the valve is called the vcv or ecv. If you need a pic of this I will send an email to you address.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mightymo. Any chance you can email me a pic of the offending part, I too have a stalling problem.

Thanks Darren

dazzagh@yahoo.co.uk

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links