Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel Reset On T Sport

theleaf

have heard a lot of people talking about resetting the ECU when changing fuel or driving style on posts. Can you do this for the N/A T Sport what does it do and how do you do it?

Thanks Everyone

There's 2 15AMP fuses in the Fuse box under the bonnet. Removing these will reset the ECU, handy for getting rid of pesky warning lights.

If you do this then drive like a granny / rag the ***** out ot if, it sets itself accordingly. Economy or power. Ignore the Green fuse, my quick squggle went over that too. lol.

Fuses1.jpg

Can I just ask something here while you're about electric?!

Yesterday it was raining and I drove my car through some water plashes. As I don't have any plastic that covers the inside of the wheel arches I assume that some water managed to come in touch with ECU or some cables and that made me a problem. At one moment 3 lights went on: TC, VSC and Engine!? Although, nothing weird happened with the car, everything worked normal and I came home driving very slow.

After 24 hours lights still flash. What can it be and what should I do? Can I just disconnect the Battery or some fuses?

There's 2 15AMP fuses in the Fuse box under the bonnet. Removing these will reset the ECU, handy for getting rid of pesky warning lights.

If you do this then drive like a granny / rag the ***** out ot if, it sets itself accordingly. Economy or power. Ignore the Green fuse, my quick squggle went over that too. lol.

Fuses1.jpg

Sorry, can somebody pls explain this i dont get it, what happens when you reset it, whats the point? if you reset it and drive fast does that make the car faster and the same for driving economical??

Cheers

The main point of the resetting is to get rid of the Warning lights if they ever come on. It's quick and easy.

The theory goes that the ECU has the ability to adjust itself to economy running for better MPG, or Performance running for better throttle responce and wasting more petrol. Which is always fun.

Whether it works, I haven't a clue seen as I always drive the rollocks out of it anyway.

dzvini - Take those 2 highlighted fueses out for 10 seconds and put them back. That will get rid of your warning lights. If they happen to come back any time soon, Get it diagnosed.

WOW I did it! All warning lights went off. I'm happy like a child now :) Thank You very much, I don't have to diagnose it now I guess.

Is there a list of these ECU and similar hints, like turning on/off beeps for seat belts, gauges illumination etc, I didn't get any Toyota manual or book with my car, it came without them from Italy I think :(

Only way to turn off the beeps is to cut / disconnect wires. So I haven't bothered.

The ECU is prettysolid on our cars and can't even be remapped... You have to change the whole ECU or get a decent piggyback for any sort of tuning.

Glad the lights went off for you. :)

• 3 months later...

Is removing these two fuses the right way to go about reseting the ECU, as on the Australian site it says to disconnect the Battery for half hour.

Any help, thanks in advance.

Dude, multiple questions for hte same thing on different threads is muchos annoying :s patience is a virtue.

Sorry mate, found the post I was looking for after I asked on the otherone, just eager to give it a go.

WOW I did it! All warning lights went off. I'm happy like a child now :) Thank You very much, I don't have to diagnose it now I guess.

Is there a list of these ECU and similar hints, like turning on/off beeps for seat belts, gauges illumination etc, I didn't get any Toyota manual or book with my car, it came without them from Italy I think :(

How to turn seat belt beeper off:

1) Seat on the driver's side. The passenger's seat should be also occupied.

2) Insert key and turn to ON

3) Set the trip/ODO display to ODO (not trip A or trip . If it is already in the ODO mode, you’ll need to cycle through the options until you reach Odometer again.

4) Release the button.

5) Press and hold the button again and while you still holding the button start the engine. Keep pressing the button.

6) Count exactly 14 seconds.

7) Buckle the driver's seat belt

8) if the last step was successful, "b on" or "b off" should be displayed in the location where the Trip Odometer or Odometer is normally displayed. "b on" is beep on, and "b off" is beep off.

9) Press Trip/ODO to toggle the mode

10) Wait till the display changes back to ODO

11) Done

Now the beeper does not operate.

This procedure was carried out successfully to a 2005 Toyota Corolla TS ZZE123L.

Hope this helps zemljak.

3) Set the trip/ODO display to ODO (not trip A or trip . If it is already in the ODO mode, you’ll need to cycle through the options until you reach Odometer again.

4) Release the button.

5) Press and hold the button again and while you still holding the button start the engine. Keep pressing the button.

8) if the last step was successful, "b on" or "b off" should be displayed in the location where the Trip Odometer or Odometer is normally displayed. "b on" is beep on, and "b off" is beep off.

11) Done

Or.....

1) Buy a Pre-Facelift CTS \o/

4) Release the button.

11) Done

Or.....

Or wear your seat belt :P

4) Release the button.

11) Done

Or.....

Or wear your seat belt :P

Agreed!

As the driver you're responsible for making sure your passenger is wearing one ;)

Or... in case for some unknown reason... people want to turn it off because of the shopping they put on the seat causing it to beep... USE THE BOOT!!! :lol:

It is a legal requirement for each passenger to wear a belt if one if provided. If no belt is provided no one sits there! lol

But turning an annoying beed off through load carrying up front, like work folders/bags etc more than useful

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links